OT - NTSB investigation

I came across this while looking for something else entirely.

On take off run, the left hand compressor hub exploded (fatigue failure) , parts of it penetrating the cabin, killing two and seriously injuring two others. One piece was found 2,400 yards away in an athletic stadium.

Makes very interesting - and sobering - reading.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

The UK version is here. It covers all air traffic accidents in UK.

it makes for interesting reading. The maintenance schedules and techniques used in aircraft make the rest of industry look like amateurs.

John

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
John Manders

Could it be that, as of yet, the RAC wasn't offering recovery from mid-Atlantic?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Interesting, but I must admit I gave up at page 66 of 137. The image of the damaged engine was quite scary.

Reply to
Endacy