Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Disaster at the Cumbria Steam Gathering.
Having missed last year due to illness I looked forward to this years show with great anticipation. The show itself was up to its normal high standards but the problem appeared on Friday & Saturday...

Ruston Hornsby vth1
I have recently bought a dismantled Ruston Hornsby VTH1 in reasonable condition but missing its injector pump and anyone know where I could buy these parts for a reasonable does anyone know the value...

Birkenhead
Met Mark Drake and Arthur Griffin this afternoon on the way to do a job at Birkenhead rail depot. Couldn't stay long and have a decent chat as we had a tight schedule including a collection at Newton...

Re: OT:Vee belts
Those prices seem pretty reasonable. As for the US belt, is it anti-static/oil & heat resistant? You can get standard belts alot cheaper, but if they last a few hours on a lawnmower they've done well....
3
3

FS on Ebay: Lister D Shearing Set
For those of you who are interested, an old friend has to go to make space for a new one. the link doesn't work justt search on stationary engine, I'll be in there somewhere. Regards, Arthur G
8
8

Welland
Just finished unloading after return from a very enjoyable Welland. (Although it was somewhat marred by the rain and the infrastructural and organisational shortcomings it revealed!). Otherwise the...
2
2

Bradford big end.
Gentlemen, Today I had a play and took the shells out of the big end of my 2.25Hp Bradford, I found them to have plenty of metal but found they had picked up. I cleaned the damaged area and put them...

Villiers MK10/Mayfield scythe
Hello more stationary chums! I'm looking for a source of parts, petrol tap is leaking - I think it needs a cork washer. Also want to make it draw a steerable trailer to transport me and garden cargo...
3
3

Re: Away
Gentlemen, Ive got a project that will make my bank manager and a local builder very happy. I have two walls and a garage which were built by the previous owners son that are about to succomb to...
3
3

Query - Bearing Materials
Hi Chaps, I've been a bit busy lately, hay harvesting and sheep shearing when not at work, so not much engine playing or posting; just lurk mode. Sadly, that bearing has not cured itself. I'm...
9
9

TEST to NG.
could someone plz confirm the appearance of this TEST mail on the newsgroup. thx
4
4

Wanted: Perkins 3.152 or D3
I'm looking for a Perkins 3.152 or D3, preferably with the cast sump. Reconditioned or warranted low hours secondhand would be fine. Any pointers to potential sources would be appreciated. Andy Clarke...

FW Help needed
Graeme would really appreciate some help with his first engine. He is on the Norfolk/Suffolk border near Brandon and I know nothing of events or clubs in that area. Please email him direct as he...

Stellite
I need to get some Stellite for hard-facing. The manufacturers have quoted me the following prices (in GBP Ex-VAT): "We can offer Stellite 6 plain rod for TIG/Oxy-acetylene deposition. In...
2
2

Re: Slightly OT - lagging car exhaust systems
Sounds like you are doomed to suffer the effects or change to a diesel engine, the van exhaust is still going strong at 346,000 kms or 225,000 miles :-)) Lagging might help a little bit, but if it...
9
9