53a

yep - agree... done

Reply to
unclewobbly
.

Hi Steve

You seem to do it every time !! That is you creap up on people with your gunports closed and at the last second open them up and give them a broadside . You hit the nail on the head every time thanks for giving us a chuckle and keeping it upbeat .

All the best Steve Parkinson

Reply to
The Parkys

Obviously your BA is not in astronomy or planetary sciences, otherwise you wouldn't have used Pluto as an example of a "planet".

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I have to say that I think this thread has had the opposite effect from what the OP intended. I am now *more* likely to deal with John and 53A Models.

When are you expecting the Bachmann Ivatts, John?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

The latest information from Bachmann suggests a November or December release. My guess is they will appear around the time of the Warley Show at the NEC.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Just in time for Christmas then. :-) I'm very much looking forward to the BR early emblem one!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" <

I'm waiting for the Bachmann light 2-10-2, also due around Christmas time. I'm very much looking forward to a couple of three undecs.

Then, for next year, the recently announced 4-4-0 sounds interesting.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

The BR early crest version is the only one which Bachmann have suggested will be released this year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "toomore" contains these words:

Looks like they are handing out B.A.s even if you cannot spell ......

I don't think so.

Reply to
Colin Reeves

In message , John Turner writes

Coming onto this thread late so ignoring all the angst while appreciating the retailer in question speaking his mind :0)

I'm puzzled by the above John. Some of us have not just returned to this country and model overseas outline by choice. If you are basing your business on UK outline only - fine. To however denigrate in any way those of us who for example prefer German engineering to UK marketing is extremely foolhardy. Some of us out here own and run more than one layout and subscribe to both UK and foreign outline.

It's a sad fact of life that in the last four years, based on my personal experience of working with a major UK manufacturer, that model outlets in the UK have been falling like tenpins and are not being replaced. Major launch mail shots that show an increasing rate of return as 'undeliverable due to closure' are growing annually. These customers are not being replaced. Not with the same type of high street retail outfit anyway. Never has the adage 'use it or lose it' been more apt.

Pretty common nowadays. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. There are always the guys who think that the little woman should be tied to the sink and keep herself occupied making the tea. These idiots [and there are quite lot among the modelling cardie and pipe brigade] are best ignored or pitied.

Nice to see a retailer having his say.

Cheers.

Reply to
Roy

On 5 Nov 2005 13:28:40 -0800, "trollmore" said in :

Apparently not sufficiently so to drop the 1950s term "coloured" in favour of a more modern alternative. We are all coloured - some pink, some brown.

You might have a degree in BA, but you sure sound bitter to me. Stop running down our stout citizens! I'm normally a mild man, but I'm tempted to be short with you here.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:46:17 GMT, "Rich Mackin" said in :

Yes. The chip goes in the tender, as any fule kno.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Roy" wrote

Even though I model both British and USA outline myself, I cannot justify carrying USA (other than 'used' items or my own suprlus stock) or other overseas outline models in my shop. It's just not cost effective. I source Kadees for my own use from a Canadian based retailer who regularly posts on here, and whom I can recommend unreservedly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I don't think John was denigrating anybody or anybody. He was saying if there's a demand for something, he'll stock it. He's a small businessman (i.e. owner of a small business) and can't afford to have expensive U.S. or European stock lying around on the off-chance someone will buy it.

I quite agree.

Reply to
MartinS

"toomore" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You realy need to visit this place, should help you with tha chip on your shoulder ...

Chris Wilson

Hi Roger! LTNS!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I can guess what /gfy/ stands for.

LOL. Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote in news:dkm7bf$98o$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

You'd be correct. :-)

Go on have a peek it's worth it you'll never know when you'll feel the need to express yourself. ;-)

I've a collection of similar URLs ... variety being teh spice of life and all that.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

URL duly forwarded to my friends to pass onto their enemies!! :-) Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Chiz! :-)

Reply to