53a

I can only assume that this message was cunningly placed here by John T to get his legions of satisfied customers to come out of the woodwork in support. A very clever advertising ploy ;-)

For what it's worth, John Turner and 53a have been very helpful on the occasions that I have needed advice or simply wanted to purchase. John's personal trans-Pennine delivery of a Lenz Set100 for my Crimbo present last year probably meant that Mrs T was left to run the shop!

To anyone who hasn't dealt with Mr & Mrs T - Ignore this joker. He is in a very small minority (of one?).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

Put me down on the list as another satisfied customer :)

I once emailed John and asked him to sort out someone's retirement present for me. I would be out delivering for my own business all day and unable to visit a model shop, and asked John if he could spend however much it was on whatever time period it was... oh, and could I have it all the next day please.

Got back from delivering to find the whole thing sorted and on the way. The next day it arrived.

I doubt if I could have found any other retailer who'd have done that little lot for me based on a vague email. Excellent service to say the least.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

mutley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well actually Mercian Models (brass kits of small and industrial engines) got a very similar call from some work collegues of mine who were organising my "leaving do". They simply said that they had "x" to spend, wanted a complete kit something along the lines of "y" oh and can we please have it tomorrow.

Arrived on time within budget. So in this respect I don't think that John's all that unusual, for instance Dave Cleal also springs to mind. However this in no way detracts from the service Mr and Mrs JT provides.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:00:42 -0000, "John Turner" said in :

What is amusing is that the OP clearly went a long way in the hope of seeing a specific person without taking the basic precaution of checking they would be there first! Don't these people have telephones?

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:57:10 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" said in :

I have checked: John does have a telephone, and it works just fine :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

I was going to write sunnik witty about sexism and a man being able to run his (evidently successful and highly regarded) busines how he damn well pleases but can't be bothered, so

sod off troll.

Reply to
unclewobbly

The message from ":::Jerry::::" contains these words:

That's the first name that came into my head, followed by several others, but I wasn't going to show favouritism...

Reply to
David Jackson

Not sure how up to date the page is but

Margaret is still working part time!

Reply to
Nigel Emery

Well you know the first time I entered his shop a coloured lady walked past, he said to a friend "She has spent too much time in the sun" I found that offensive and racist. But I put it behind me . Am I against women running a going concern, no way. Having just returned from another country, but brought up in Hull, I had 1000 pounds budgeted for a railway, so I use the said shop, but always have to haggle for a discount. Yet John offers discounts freely through the rec site. Do I feel a little pissed off!! The last train layout I had was 20yrs ago so DCC a mystery, but every time I hit the shop John was not there, ie Kadee couplings, no we dont sell them, end of conversation, John not there. Maybe I have had bad luck at this particular shop. Thats life and just my experience. By the way I do have a BA Degree so troll whatever you think I can think and judge for myself.

Reply to
toomore

Yes, a BA in trolling by the looks of it.

BTW, we could all hide behind a web mail address and Google groups whilst throwing around insults or suggesting criminal activities but to do so only make the accuser look like the one who has something to hide.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Sorry but the world exists. Where are you from planet Pluto

Reply to
toomore

On 05/11/2005 21:28, toomore said,

Why? Do you haggle for a discount in Tesco, or Comet, or Marks & Spencers?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

BA in trolling. No I have positive B.A. Hide no way, sorry but as they say "Talking out your arsre" Good Luck

Reply to
toomore

Positive BA threads have a screw pitch dimension which is 0.9 raised to the power of the size number, expressed in mm.

1BA has a pitch of 0.9mm, 2BA has a pitch of 0.81mm, and so on.

0BA has a pitch of 0.9 to the power 0, which is 1.0mm.

Negative BA threads are almost unknown, but the pitch can be calculated, so

-1BA has a pitch of 1 / 0.9 = 1.11mm,

-2BA has a pitch of 1 / 0.81 = 1.23mm, and so on.

I trust this adds something useful to this discussion.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Wynne

Your back must really hurt with that chip you're carrying around on your shoulder...

Reply to
Rich Mackin

"toomore" wrote

I find you lies totally offensive too, but if you're going to lie then at least have the bottle to do so using your proper name, or the bottle to do it to my face, because I suspect you wouldn't dare.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It seems to me you are a clan, at the railway shop of Hull, I would not lie over such a fact, I have a nephew who is coloured, as for my name that would be silly to post it on the net, but I would to your face. What I said is true in my eyes but obviously I cannot prove it, End of story.

Reply to
toomore

Great idea guys, Put him in your killfile and lets get back to business Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Ee, when I were a lad, if I'd tried to present a reasoned argument in the form that you've just done, I would have been lucky to get through the

11-plus, never mind thinking about a degree.

What the hell has happened to the education system in this country?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"toomore" wrote

Well Colin Walker you may well have a BA degree, but judging by your use of grammar and punctuation I doubt if it was for your achievements in English. You also seems to have fairly deep chip on your shoulder - I guess it's our bad luck that you didn't get the red carpet treatment and free coffee and biscuits in our shop, just got treated in the same way as anyone else who walks through the door. I'm really sorry Colin; I now know you're far more important than the rest of our customers and I really regret not treating you with more deference, except of course I couldn't, because I wasn't there.

I now feel really bad that we don't stock Kadee couplers even though we only get asked for them every six months or so. It seems to have had a profound effect on the way you feel about us and I'm gutted, although quite how I'm supposed to have told you that we don't stock them when I'm never there does rather begger belief. Whatever Colin, I'm really sorry. If you'd asked nicely I'd have got you some out of my personal stock - I do that sort of things for friends and good customers. Incidentally we don't stock Kato, Fleischmann, Märklin, Atlas, Athearn, LGB, Minitrains, Lilliput, Roco, Broadway Limited and several other ranges too, but as there's just a remote chance of someone returning from another country wanting a pack of couplings from any one of these overseas manufacturers, I will reconsider our stocking policy forthwith.

Sue (my wife) tells me (I wasn't there) that you ordered and bought a DCC system from us and asked for a discount. You were given one without *any* haggling. Maybe your degree was for 'embroidering the truth' Colin. Maybe we should offer everyone a discount who makes a purchase - somehow I don't think we'd stay in business very long, but then Colin you seem hell bent on trying to bad mouth my wife and I out of business so that could just be your objective.

I sincerely apologise for never been there when you've called in Colin, oh except for the time I allegedly passed a racist comment of course, and when I allegedly told you we didn't stock Kadees, but I did explain in my response to your email that you only had to ask if you wanted to speak to me.

Incidentally Colin, my wife is an equal partner in our business, so although your claims that I'm never there may have some foundation, you can rest assured you have had service from one of the top ranking executives in our two person business, I'm sorry you couldn't have had both, but as John Ruddy suggested in an earlier post, there are other jobs to be done in running a retail shop than standing behind the counter waiting for customers. If I'd known (if I'd been there of course) that you wanted me to cow tail to you in return for your £1K, I've got to say I'd have told you to f*ck off there and then!

John.

Reply to
John Turner