Bachmann announce GWR City of Truro

Is that the one that's up in Locomotion for some reason? There's a little SR electric shunter there as well.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Beautiful in LNWR livery - collectors would jump for them. Wouldnt need to weather unless very very lightly.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Am guessing from the curious name that this isnt steam. i'm all for live and let live, but there is a limit :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Ho yerss. Father Flecher has a relaxed attitude towards such things (and liveries - the NER having four sets of official locomotive liveries in his time, plus //much// customisation, on a scale which would dwarf that of the heyday of the Indian steam railways..). But I was thinking simply of reproducing 910, in either "1888" or as-preserved-in-the-NRM condition. Lots of scope for subsequent variations, though!

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Smart man, I bet "use something that does X" yielded cheaper and quicker results than "use precisely this thing to these dimensions". Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

He was also in charge of a very diverse organisation (the NER being merged from a whole maul of railways), with multiple main works each with their own way of doing things. That situation needed handling with care, else the centre would become resented - as Fletcher's sucessor found out!

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:10:36 GMT, Graham Thurlwell

: wrote: : : >Hmm, not so sure about those. For Fletcher, standardisation was : >something that happened to other people... With a lot of his classes, : >it's almost as if he sent a rough sketch to the contractors and told : >them "build something a bit like this." 398 Class and BTPs are a good : >example of that. : : Smart man, I bet "use something that does X" yielded cheaper and : quicker results than "use precisely this thing to these dimensions". :

It might speed up design and save money during building, allowing your subcontractor to do as they feel best/easiest/cheapest but non standard designs cost far more in running service and repair costs in the long run. Of course, Fletcher might well allowed the subcontractors more input that some would consider wise simple because he himself didn't truly understand his own profession!

Reply to
Jerry

What, a Stirling 8' Single? Bachmann already do one, as Emily in their Thomas series.

Tim with a Kitmaster Stirling lurking in the workshop somewhere...

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

Well, yes, but that's HO scale :-)

...ditto.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

She's larger than OO scale. Driving wheel is 36mm diameter.

31mm diameter drive wheel.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Er - oh!! Might be a fun loco to buy anyway though! After all, I already have Thomas, Annie and Clarabel :-) I suspect the US range and UK range are different scales though.

Hang on - I'm not taking this too seriously, am I?

32mm Alan Gibson driving wheels ;-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd

N. American TtTE is by Bachmann, UK is by Hornby.

I'm not. ;-)

Reply to
Wolf K