Heljan Dogfish

Heljan presently issue three Dogfish wagons in Olive green

4088 Dogfish DB993057 Engineers Olive Green 4089 Dogfish DB993413 Engineers Olive Green 4090 Dogfish DB993634 Engineers Olive Green

Given the length of time that livery covers (1963-late 80s and beyond) are any of the models lettered specifically for a certain time period

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes

"Mike Parkes" wrote

4090 Dogfish DB993634 carries TOPS code ZFV which presumably dates it later than the other two.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

That would cover post-1973, as that was the year CARKIND codes began to appear on wagons.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Were they widely used in earlier (black?) livery? I'm wondering what the reason is for that not being one of the liveries offered by Heljan.

I've just bought one, and can understand why it costs a bit more than the usual 2-moulding wagon!

Cheers, Francis K.

Reply to
Francis Knight

I've seen them both in black and in the 'Gulf Red' livery, I believe- we've acquired one at work, which I'll try and get permission to take some detail shots of. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

Most DOGFISH were delivered in black with yellow lettering; the balance being in Gulf Red with white lettering.

For all those who can't wait for Heljan to do the original liveries, regardless of your modelling area, I can help.

See Sheet BL60 at

Isherwood, Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Reply to
cctransuk