Help

Long time ago in the last century as a child I remember travelling from Glasgow to Helensburgh on Blue BR Electric trains (1968 1975). EMU I have a train set and wondering if some expert out there could tell me model of EMU this is, and its availability to run on a HO track. and is it available new or used

regards

Reply to
sds

It's a class 303.

DC Kits make a kit for it. There's a photograph of one built by Darren Sherwood who is a professional model builder at

It's the top left picture. Click on it to enlarge it.

These are craft kits and I don't know how suitable they are for a beginner. Most of this type of kit aren't.

I haven't seen a ready-to-run model.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I'd agree that the DC Kits products are not like your average Airfix kit. However, don't be detered. I took the plunge recently and I've been making steady progress with a 2-car DMU. Just don't expect it to be built in an evening!

Also, you mentioned HO track - these are OO models so might look a little over scale compared with HO stock.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian