Lima OO scale

- Yes, c>> Can anyone kindly advise:

Reply to
Mike Brayshaw

Wolf & Kevin Martin please see emails dated today but inserted in the list above.

Please both email me.

Reply to
Mike Brayshaw

Replies to email address given in post below are bouncing.

- Yes! And Kevin Martin is wrong - he's confusing it with yet another scale.

mikebrayshaw[at]ntlworld.com

Reply to
Mike Brayshaw

I have a website for Lima British HO it is:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Biglowe

"Jon Biglowe" wrote

And very welcome you are to it Jon! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes I have to agree, a collection best forgotten. Another range of non British HO. In other words they aren't proper HO at all, no wonder it was doomed.

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

The website is still a useful resource for those who are interested.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

kim said the following on 19/07/2007 15:49:

...and for those who have some as part of a collection to sell to some unsuspecting punter, sorry - valued customer, on eBay ;-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

We don't expect proper scale models of British trains in any scale other than 1:1.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"kim" wrote

My comment wasn't really aimed at the website, but at British HO.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Many of us like to have examples of models from different countries around the world. It's nice when they are to a common scale. Lima (a toy train manufacturer circa 1975) produced models of most European countries and probably imagined that British models would sell in the same manner that (say) French models sold in the rest of Europe, German models sold in the rest of Europe etc. etc. They got it wrong and changed to a Britain only scale in 1976-78. Fleischmann still do a very nice BR loco and coaches in HO and I'd guess that those sell mostly in Europe. They've never bothered to produce any additional items so I again guess that they don't think it's worth the effort. Rivarossi tried in a bastard scale and failed. Roco do a very nice BR Diesel shunter in NS liveries and don't bother to offer it in BR colours.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter
[Glasgow Underground]

Last time I was on the Tyne & Wear Metro, I noticed that they'd changed the voice saying "Stand clear of the doors please" from a Geordie bloke to a woman with a fairly posh accent of indeterminate origin. It's PCGM!!! ;-)

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

"Graham Thurlwell" wrote

Maybe they wanted passengers to be able to understand the announcement?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Burmingham, this is Burmingham."

(shut up kim, they don't know what you're talking about)

Reply to
kim

Actually, looking at the photos on that site, it certainly shows just how much progress has been made on detailed rtr models in the last 30 years.

Reply to
crazyhorse

"crazyhorse" wrote

But in OO that progress has been made on out-of-the-box RTR locos.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

So who would be daft enough to buy Lima 4F without realising its HO ?

Ok, there was a good reason as well as its unboxed and cheap.

So now I see its about the same size as an 00 Cauliflower. If the cab was hacked a bit, swap chimney and dome for something pre-1900 then could it be converted into something that was rebuilt with a belpaire boiler ?

Anon

Reply to
simon

Gem kits with etched chassis ?

I wasnt impressed with the white metal reversing lever provided so made one out of scrap brass. Today - having just given the loco body its second coat of black paint - I find the very nice etched one with extra detail fittings.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Staand cleeear o' th' doooors, Pet"?

Reply to
MartinS

I remember changing trains at Banbury in the 1960s.

"Baanbury, Baanbury, this is Baanbury. Ya changes 'ere for Oxforrd."

Reply to
MartinS