Lima OO scale

The AEC Renown 6-wheel pre-war double-decker. It was mistakenly sold to me as being "1/100th scale" but placing it alongside a 1/76 scale bus shows it to be almost exactly 1/87. They are quite easy to find.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I stand corrected. ;-)

There have, but they've been caused by specific events such as asteroid strikes and volcanic activity.

Reply to
Greg Procter

We're certainly pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere much faster than the earth can absorb it - that's scientific fact measureable from ice cores.

I hadn't particularly considered that - it certainly has an effect locally.

Reply to
Greg Procter

All Lledo is difficult to find here in NZ. I'll look out for one though.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You forgot to add, we think on the end of that statement.

Geologically a rapid change in temp is measured in thousands of years.

Reply to
estarriol

more likely in millions of years, and then its only an estimate of what it was in a local area.

Reply to
simon

How many do you need to happen?

Reply to
Greg Procter

Show evidence that humans (overall) think!

Ice core samples can and do show annual changes.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Ice core samples can show changes year by year.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Dont think there are many 1-3000 million year old ice cores available. plus of course ice core samples are limited to ice areas. also plus you need a fair number to get the average temp in any one area.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Well for that sstatement to be useful i would say all of them.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Greg Procter" wrote

So can ambient temperatures and the amount of rainfall.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes but where are your ice core samples for the last 20 million years to compare them too?

Reply to
estarriol

I'll give you that - OTOH a half million years of sampling is not an inconsiderable sampling given it's on a year by year basis!

Very true, but atmosphere tends to move around - London's atmosphere affects Antarctica.

It doesn't give temperature (AFAIK) it does give broad weather conditions and atmosphere composition.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Err, for predictions of total human disaster, one would seem to be sufficient.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I wasn't aware that ambient temperatures could be read from ice core samples.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Have you any concept of how long a million years actually is???

Reply to
Greg Procter

BTW John, you mentioned a

Reply to
Greg Procter

BTW John, you mentioned having a Fleischmann (HO) Bavarian 2-4-0t and coaches. Is that for sale or your private collection?

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

The Thames froze over in 1963, in Oxford. There was a photo in the Oxford Mail of a car on the ice.

Reply to
MartinS