Lima OO scale

"Greg Procter" wrote
On past records we should expect the start of the next Ice Age - in my humble estimation it's a likely as man-made global warming.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
In that case I'll buy a new winter coat! There's no question but that the weather paterns are changing and that sea levels are rising - by the time it's proved that the cause is man-made (or not) you Brits are going to be major consumers of snorkels!
Regards, Greg.P.
Reply to
Greg Procter
Very possible, it has ben changing for at least the last 3000 million years.
cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
Too true, but the changes over the last 2 million have not been great enough to wipe us out. Not to worry, it's only the low lying countries likely to disappear in my lifetime.
Reply to
Greg Procter
Assuming thats the potential to wipe us out - we are different now. Should I consult a text book to check when the last ice age receded as far as Britain is concerned. Fairly sure its less than 2 million years ago. Of course you may have a different definition of 'us'.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
"Greg Procter" wrote
LOL - but FFS don't say that, I've just bought another home within three-quarters of a mile of the Humber Estuary and on its flood plain! Could be worse, could have bought in Gloucester!
John.
Reply to
John Turner
I'm not here to argue climate change - it's happening and it's happening much faster than it's happened in the past. If it's being caused by humanity then by the time we prove that cause it will be too late to stop that change.
Reply to
Greg Procter
Well, I don't know one way or the other, but I'm sufficiently convinced as to buy my current home well away from the seaside. If the scientists (95% of them) are right I'll have to cope with damp seasiders looking for shelter, if they're wrong I've bought in an area that has strong tourist potential for those who don't like sand in their togs.
Greg.P.
Reply to
Greg Procter
Are you sure about that ?
If it's being caused by
But until you are reasonably certain about the previous bit this isnt even relevent.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
On the positive side there is a RNLI lifeboat moored permanently in the Humber Estuary. You are also within easy walking distance of Trinity House.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
That's because you prefer to listen to the 5% of scientists who disagree with the concept - there's none so blind ...
Regards, Greg.P.
Reply to
Greg Procter
For a balanced view on Global Warming and its context, try this article.
Its neither pro nor anti the GW argument (he believes it is an issue, for the record) , but makes some interesting points about the stampede to have it as the highest priority.
Reply to
estarriol
"kim" wrote
It's 25 miles plus to the lifeboat station on Spurn Point and a crossing of the estuary and at least a 7 mile walk to Trinity House.
The inshore inflatable life-raft is nearer - last seen evacuating flood victims from the centre of Anlaby.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"Greg Procter" wrote
Call me a cynic but I reckon the whole concept has been designed as a tool to facilitate increased taxation.
John.
Reply to
John Turner

Site Timeline