More Bachmann pics from the Toy Fair

Morning all,

I see Windmill Junction model railways have set up a Fotopic sight with a good selection of pics showing forthcoming Bachmann models taken at the Toy Fair. The address is

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Don't forget the new MKII's in the bottom of the pictures:

Scott

Reply to
gppsoftware

Probably not fair to comment without seeing up close but those window frames don't look particularly well done, to me, that's what instantly makes a Mk2 look like what it is. Look especially at the brake van windows...

James

Reply to
James S

Phil: I thought they looked a bit heavy too - (just like the Hornby Chromed version) BUT then thought it was probably due to the VERTICAL LIGHTING in the cabinet the were photographed in (no flash due to glass) Therefore its more a comment on the photograph than the model (available light)

Reply to
Phil

Don't forget that the frames will be painted in the production models, whereas in these pre-production shots, the frames are just clear plastic. It is very difficult to tell what the final look of these models will be from their current state of no paint job.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Yup, I appreciate that. The only version I've seen up close was the mock up at York Railfest and that looked kit built. I actually own a real Mk2 brake coach so I will be looking extremely closely at it when the model comes out - there should be no reason to get anything wrong on it at all. Is there a release date yet for them?

James

Reply to
James S

I have no idea of the release dates for them, sorry.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

You can use the under-frame, cant rail, glazing and interior mouldings to achieve that without having to use the window frames that should probably be no more than 1.5mm thick in 4mm scale.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::