New Hornby - press preview tomorrow

Oi, you two! You're supposed to be on your best behaviour in *this* group.....

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Sorry, it just spilled over from that *other* group.

What do you think of that new poster, eh? The cheek!

Reply to
MartinS

"Enzo Matrix"

He started it!

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

MartinS

It happens every now and again. This time I'm not going to get all worked up over it.

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Get away! That's amazing. Which firm is that? Are they glowplug engines? What ever they are, they won't be diesel, but it's still er, amazing.

whokid

Pester me, why not: whokid at flywheelnetwork .co .uk

Reply to
Whokid

O has already taken her k. l. to a.f.goons.

Reply to
MartinS

August Model Bus Journal had pics of a Corgi OOC Burlingham Seagull coach equipped with battery-powered, radio-controlled, underfloor motor and steering gear. The seats were in place, with driver and passengers.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS"

Phew, that was close.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Robin Laws

How about big sea monkeys wearing a pair of overalls?

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

A German friend sent me a copy of a programme which plays regularly on the SDF channel - my German listening skills aren't good enough to pick up which is the description and which is the name, I gather it's a cottage industry product. Isn't a glowplug engine basically a compression ignition system with the glowplug providing the initial ignition? Near enough to a Diesel for me! There was a series of articles in MRC(?) in the seventies around building I scale Diesel Electric and Diesel Hydraulic British locos - the OO/HO hydraulic is out due to hydraulic scaling problems but Diesel Electric should just be possible. :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

The drive for moving the reglator etc can be in the boiler/in the loco frame/... Then all that's required is jointing of the figure which can reasonably easily done using (say) wire cast into the body part or nylon fishing line. I've fiddled with a swinging weight in the frame and pivot through the foot-plate. It works, but is it worth the effort for the limited effect?

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

The Q1's out, as is any inside-cylindered loco, for that matter. I can't see them engineering a crank axle for one thing, and for another, unless they go P4, there won't be enough space between the frames.

It'll be interesting to see what the cylinders will do to the appearance of models where they can't hide them under a streamlined valance. Have they gone for oscillating cylinders, or have they developed some valve gear? Nanotechnology and mechatronics are getting to the stage where this could be electronically timed and controlled.

Cheers, Francis K.

Reply to
Francis Knight

There is a sneak preview now at

with larger pictures of Mallard. More tomorrow!

Reply to
djdublo

The message from "Mick Bryan" contains these words:

My feelings about Q1s are cool too!

...but much higher than boxes - although I reserve the right to make an exception of the 37s which at least *sound* workmanlike.

Reply to
David Jackson