OO scale British stuff going cheap

Posted for a friend.
As a result of demolishing a scratchbuilt OO layout from a deceased friend there are a large number of buildings, landscapes, farm
buildings, a stately home and various other items for sale a *very low* prices.
For details contact Ron Gager at snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com telephone 01424 224797
or reply to me and I will forward your message.
--
Mike Hughes
โœ–

I don't think he'll be a friend now that you've just posted his phone number on the internet.
Fred X
Add pictures here
โœ–

There seems to be a communication breakdown here.
These items were advertised on here some weeks ago on the basis that they were superbly crafted and also going for very low prices. However, when I contacted the gentleman who is actually doing the selling, he wanted the absolute highest prices he could get *and* wanted the stuff bought, paid for and moved within only a couple of days, or else. Or else what, I am not quite sure, but the seller made it clear the items *absolutely had to be gone* in much less than a week.
At that point I lost interest as I was not well enough to travel to where the items were located in the short time available.
I am not in the least surprised they didn't sell as the seller's attitude was very off-putting.
It is very good of Mike Hughes to advertise them for sale on here at low prices but anyone contacting the actual seller of the items should be prepared for a rather different story.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Here is Ron's reply
whoever the gent spoke to it was not me!!  Can you ask him to contact me.
To clarify my original posting the items are in Bexhill, East Sussex.

--
Mike Hughes
โœ–

I didn't *speak* to him. As I said, I *contacted* him - by email - and he replied. The tone of his reply was very different to your postings on here. There was no question of "very low prices", indeed quite the opposite.
The account I gave is an accurate representation of the exchange.
Add pictures here
โœ–

This ain't the internet, it's usenet, unless you're reading it on Goggle.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
โœ–

If you want to be technical, it's both!
The internet is the computer network (Wonkypedia describes it as a 'network of networks' if that helps) that makes it all possible, Goggle is a website (or series of websites if you want to differentiate between the search Goggle and Goggle Groups, known as deja-news in ye olden days before they went out of business and were taken over by Goggle) on the World Wide Web (using the HTTP protocol) and Usenet (aka 'newsgroups') operates via the NNTP protocol via the internet.
Or to put it another way, whether the OP is using Usenet or Goggle, they are using the internet to connect to the computers that serve the data, whilst using one of various protocols to transfer the data and one of a number of various software to display and view the data downloaded.
Goggle is not exclusively internet, it is part of the WWW. Gosh, given the pedantry, the least you can do is get it vaguely right! :)
Add pictures here
โœ–

To put it the right way, whether the OP is using Usenet or Google Groups, they are using the internet to connect to *different* computers that store and serve the data in very different ways.

Indeed.
MBQ
Add pictures here
โœ–
SNIP....

============================== Or even using the internet to access usenet (nntp, news) servers. :-)
Cheers, Simon
Add pictures here
โœ–

Um, the WWW runs on the internet.
In the old days, usenet ran over uucp, and there are probably still a few hold-outs somewhere.
-- Richard
Add pictures here
โœ–

So if someone would like to get onto an authorative source (wiki :-)) and establish which of the terms are servers, protocols (network layer, application layer), networks, transpoprt mechanisms, groups thereof and the universe, they can give the correct usage. Not me guv, I've got a life.
Cheers, Simon
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 07:09:12 GMT, Fred Bear

Do fuck off will you - we are here to learn something about model rails. Note to read your verbal bilge. If you have nothing to add to the human knowlege pile, then piss off back to some shithole like Yahoo or whatever. It's posters like you who clog up the Usenet groups with complete and utter bollocks. And please spare us the clever shite reply. Nobody is interested.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Oct 9, 11:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:

Indeed. Try taking your own medicine, fuckwit.
Add pictures here
โœ–
telephone

My, my.
It's 11.45 on a Saturday night, you're just back from the boozer and you've got nothing better in your life to do except reply to an 8-day-old message on a model railway usenet group, and hurl drunken abuse at the poster. That's incredibly pathetic.
You should look around for some real problems, or call the Samaritans.
Cheers, Steve W (yes, he's back and this time it's personal)
Add pictures here
โœ–
telephone

It is and always has been, the internet, which has been going, as the internet, for around 40 years, long before goggle was invented!
Alan

Add pictures here
โœ–

Thanks for your response to my post of 30 3ept. 2010.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
โœ–
telephone

Taking a long time to reply doesnt mean the content is incorrect - theres a totally different reason for that.
Cheers, Simon
Add pictures here
โœ–

I'm not saying it's incorrect; it's just rather a delayed response. It was all hashed over at the time, IIRC. I was wrong.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
โœ–