Prediction for next Bachmann club loco...

Looks like being the preservation Ivatt in BR maroon, yuck!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim writes

You don't _have_ to buy it, you know.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

kim said the following on 13/07/2007 01:48:

Does it really matter? All the model railway manufacturers make stuff I don't like. I just don't buy it :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Ah, but maybe the eBay profit margin will be low with this loco?

;-)

Reply to
crazyhorse

crazyhorse said the following on 13/07/2007 10:34:

D'oh! Didn't think of that ;-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Well, the red Jinty was a flop but the blue Fairburn was a runaway success. (I didn't buy either). Bachmann's margin will certainly be high as they are selling at full retail price plus postage. They complains about club members not holding onto limited editions, then produce models of preservation types which are no use on a period layout. The PR manager himself is a member of the Train Collector's Society and that seems to be where the bias is.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I was hoping for a black Ivatt with late BR crest as there isn't one in the catalogue. The club only offers two limited edition models a year so it would be nice if at least one of them was something we could use on a period layout.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The Signal Box in Rochester are doing a limited edition black late crest 2MT mogul, but its a weathered one...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

That's pretty much what I was hoping to see from the Collector's Club. Not too sure if the 2MT's round here carried early or late crest, will have to check?

(kim)

Reply to
kim