SR road vehicle livery

Can anyone advise of a book showing the livery of SR road vehicles (specifically goods related, ideally including a Karrier Cob tractor)

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike

The book Railway ownde commercial vehicals by S W Steven-Stratten Has a picture of an SR Early Scammell but only other railway's Karrier Cob tractors. Ther are numerous other pictures of SR vehicles.

The livery register says that the lettering changes from yellow to outlined white in the 1930's. Basic body colour was green.

Regards

Tony Cane

Reply to
tc

Thanks - That'll do nicely

Reply to
Mike

"tc" <

Ah, but to open a can of worms, which green?

The Southern had several.

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought we'd done that "green" thing to death over on the SEMG Roger!

David.o

Reply to
DJO

I was going to base it on a green coach I picked up second had, besides shades vary because of paint mixing and in different lighting conditions. If I make a model in SR colours I'll probably use a Humbrol green of some sort. If anyone complains I'll tell them to squint a bit.

Reply to
Mike