Blocks, tool palette, source file

How do I add one block to the tool palette and control the source file?
Here is the situation.
I have a sting of text I would like to add to the tool palette.
I created a block of this text, and put it in a location everyone can access.
now, if I insert this block, then drag and drop, the source file is wrong. It is the drawing I'm in, not the location the block is stored in. How do I change the source file location?
Thanks,
jojo

I'm sorry, I forgot to say I'm using 2006 AutoCAD