Curious problem

I just installed ACAD 14 into a box running W2K pro, and everything
works fine except no drawing cursor is visible.
I've tried changing the background colors and the cursor colors, but
no luck.
I've also tried drawing using the keyboard to type in commands and
coordinates, and that works.
I also have ACAD 12 installed in the same machine and it works
perfectly.
Any clues?
Thanks,
JF
Reply to
John Fields
Have you looked at Tools, Preferences, Pointer?
I use current system pointer.
Then check Cursor Size. I use cursor size at 100% screen size (my preference). Maybe yours is set to something very small.
Brian.
Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:05:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@cix.compul>
Reply to
John Fields
I have R14 with WinXP. Never tried with Win2000. Just for the hell of it, I'll ask my son-in-law (runs a small computer business) if he has a machine with W2K on it somewhere.
There is a chance, so it's worth a try.
Apart from that, I'm thinking 'graphics card' or 'hardware acceleration' setting. More likely graphics card, I feel.
Brian.
Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac
Antique software on an antique system. Try running in compatibility mode. Also check cursor size. Maybe it's set too small.
Reply to
JG
Just tough to diagnose since people with similar systems will be scarce as hen's teeth. Have you looked at compatibility mode yet (assuming Win2k had it)?
Reply to
JG
Running R14 on Win2K.. no problems here... you might want to install again... or check the color setting UNDER Preferences>Display>Color and make sure the background and XOR (at bottom of list) are set to different colors... black back with yellow XOR is nice
Reply to
Yffffonz
Reply to
John Fields
Reply to
John Fields
Reply to
John Fields
Personally I prefer top posting since I can see what's new in email and newsgroups without having to page down. To me, bottom posting is the "perversion."
You said that you would be duall booting dividing drive 500 mb and 500 mb. Are those numbers right? I don't think that either xp or 7 will install in 500 mb. Shouldn't you be saying 500gb?
On many systems, if you have Win 7 professional, you can download from MS XP virtual machine software. Far better choice than dual booting if it is available to you. If you don't have professional, an upgrade is available for not too much money. Verify that your cpu is compatible. I believe that all current AMD chips support that mode, and a large percentage of current Intel's also support it.
Reply to
JG
Sorry, but no W2K machine available for trials. A pity, so perhaps putting XP on it instead?
Brian.
> I have R14 with WinXP. Never tried with Win2000. > Just for the hell of it, I'll ask my son-in-law (runs a small > computer business) if he has a machine with W2K on it somewhere.
Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac
Reply to
John Fields
There are a lot of issues with 7. My biggest problem is that if I minimize cad 2010 clicking on its tab doesn't open it. What I have to do is bring up task manager (shift-ctrl-esc) and maximize it from there. I also find that sharing on the network is less convenient. Nut otherwise I find it to be a true step forward from XP. The move forward from Vista is more questionable, although it does appear to be quicker.
Reply to
JG
Just an observation!
Anyway, I ran R14 on a W2K machine for years and never had a problem. It installed quickly and never had a bug except that the PLOT dialog screen would disappear regularly, and I would have to turn it back on again.
Reply to
VOR-DME