Plot Command Doesn't "Remember"

I have AutoCAD 2000i, with Windows XP as my operating system. When I plot a drawing for the first time, I selecting the plotter and other drawing
characteristics. However, it does not remember these characteristics the next time I plot the drawing. This is a recent development - does anyone have any ideas how to correct this?
Michael Simmons-Smith wrote:

So nothing has changed on the PC? It has worked in the past using 2000i on WinXP? Are you sure the "Save these plot settings" field is checked on in the plot dialog? Can you create named plot setups and use them?
Do you have the option of "previous plot? in your plot screen? Shirley