Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

looking for info on "shop fox" line of machine tools
cross posted to both and Does anyone have hands on experence with the following combination lathe-mill? Strong points? Weak points? In particular does it have power cross feed?
5
5

Rustlick SC3000 Tramp oil skimmer
Does anyone out there have any experience with one of these? Do they work? Bill Smith
6
6

Mori Seiki NH6300 FS
Transit damage Offer by 3/30/05 Photos available week of 3/21 On site inspection available by appointment Los Angeles area Mori Seiki USA, Inc. Description as follows: 3 cases horizonntal machining...

Fanuc 210i graphics PCB - aztec05a.jpg (0/1)
Graphics Board for GEFanuc 210i : One of our Fanuc controllers appears to have a bad graphics board (per the machine manufacturers diagnosis). While they are encouraging me to replace the board...
6
6

Spyware
I recommend to download this product if system problems continue where Spybot fails the test. http://www.intermute.com/products/spysubtract.html
14
14

Opinions on Techleader CNC Tooling?
Hi all, I'm in the process of acquiring a dozen or so ER16 tool holders for a new CAT40 machining center. I've read the recent threads on the different collets etc. and found that very helpful but...

lesson learned, never push the stop button during a toolchange.
I had to edit the program and re-run the same tool so I hit the stop button. the machine had just taken tool 4 out of the spindle when I hit stop. It took me over half an hour to get the machine going...
20
20

help with picking CNC software
Hello all, I am new to this group and CNC machining in general. What I do is design stuff in SolidWorks. What my new boss wants me to do is take control of his new Techno- Isel router machine. It came...
7
7

Attention to Detail
/little rant start/ I posted a couple of days ago, seeking companies to make a couple of parts for us. I've gotten a few good leads, and some requests for the drawings. However, I specifically and...
9
9

Setup Sheet Ideas
I'm looking for a twist on Mill and Lathe setup sheets. I've ask all the guys in the shop and they are contempt with what they have, but would be willing to look at something else. It still takes too...
3
3

On the midden
Cliff wrote in news: Midden eh? Roget would be proud. I actually agree with most of what you have to say. I stayed out of the "smoking" thread, because smoking isn't the real issue. My experience with...
6
6

unj thread chart
Anyone know where I can find a chart for unj threads? I seem to be having no luck at all using google. Thanks for any help.
9
9

DNC feasibility??
Hello out there. If anyone can guide me in the right direction in regards to DNC, I would greatly appreciate the help. I currently run a 3 axis mill with Mastercam ver9.1.(windows XP) In the near...
5
5

What do you pay in Workman's comp insurance premiums?
I have a very small shop. Most of our work is assembly rather than machining (My one, very old CNC is what brings me here as a perpetual lurker). I have a couple of assemblers. Their salary ranges...
6
6

Makino Retrofit
I have a Makino FNC100 with a Fanuc 5M control. I'm looking for info on the Gettys Fanuc servo motors, permanent magnet, DC, brush, type20-2000m, No D-730631, manufactured by Fujitsu Fanuc. I need...
2
2