OT Why Google Groups ?

I've wondered , especially lately , why anyone uses google groups to read usenet . There are several free newsreaders out there , and at least 3 free news servers that I personally know of . And now I've read quite a few posts that people can't reach usenet because google is down "again" . So why ? Can someone enlighten me ?

Reply to
Snag

I used it and net-based email because I could access everything from any computer, for instance at the library, my sister's, or a borrowed one at a client.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I use it from libraries and motels for just this reason also. I certainly would like a better solution.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

There are other web sites that mirror newsgroups

for instance). I don't know how involved it is, but it may be a way to make ad revenue.

AD REVENUE. WEB SITES. HEY IGGY!!!!

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Nobody bothers to teach them, just like the wealth of keyboard shortcuts available to Windows users:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yesterday I almost disabled HKCMD.EXE from starting to cut down the unintended actions caused by inaccurate typing.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins