Should I move to Idaho?

Gunner,

Looking at the pics you sent recently and reading the posts that have been sent the Permian Basin of West Texas would not be a bad place to look for a place to hang your hat. If you are good at what you do people and businesses will find you. The humidity is low, temperatures can be high, the wind can be miserable, maybe 9 inches of rain a year average. Machine shops everywhere. Work is everywhere if you want to work cheap to get your foot in the door. Fort Worth is a good place to be, conservative folks, a large town with a small town attitude. Dallas or Houston is the big city attitude in this state. The West side and North side of Fort Worth has it all except oil production. Barnett Shale gas play will last decades more. I live about 100 miles west and the economy is depressed and has been for some time. Times are tough but this part of the state will make it. It is well diversified.

Scott

Reply to
jano

No, Wayne, I haven't. I would take as much or more joy in seeing Gunner become a net contributor as you seem to in disparaging and condemning. Whether or not that happens is entirely up to Gunner. I've no doubt that he could do it if so motivated. I think he'll live his life as he will without regard to your opinions or mine or anyone else's. If I were in his place that's what I'd do. That's what you're doing in your off-grid remote hide from social contact beyond usenet.

I don't condone irresponsibility, far from it. But I can certainly understand contempt for a government, society and populace that sends young men off to battle and then spits on those that manage to return alive however damaged. I don't necessarily agree with that attitude but I certainly do understand it. I accept that you can't understand that if you didn't experience it.

You ridiculed SteveB for being armed when he goes to Vegas since you go there slick with no mishaps thus far. If you had a few pucker scars your attitude might be rather different. Or maybe not, I don't know.

Your world view from your anonymously remote off-grid hide, posting with a pseudonym, is clearly very narrow with near-zero tolerance. Please accept that as a bit of perspective, not a criticism. Perhaps your experience and education are limited, or perhaps you're capacity for humanity is on a par with the coyotes around your AZ hide. If so, that's how it is and how you are, oh well and so be it.

I don't need to win an argument on usenet. I disdain cleverbicker. I merely offer the foregoing for your consideration, should you care to engage intellect rather than obsession or political dogma. You clearly have an operative intellect and active imagination.

Reply to
Don Foreman

No. Im always honest.

I just may not be as "vocifferous" when dealing with Leftards in real life.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Reply to
None4U

Thanks for the heads up. Thats the sort of info Im looking for.

Gunner, Central California..average rainfall is 4" per year

Gunner Asch

Many thanks! Good info!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

The plant where I work hires a lot of electrical techs. They don't have CNC machine tools but they have 60+ acres under roof of industrial automated machines running 24/7. I think full pay is something like $22.XX/hr. Typical duties include cleaning, adjusting, or replacing sensors, drives, valves, load cells, repairing wiring, replacing motors, generally troubleshooting and repairing whatever is broke.

This is in Southern Illinois and their are lots of farms and open areas. Shooting sports include deer hunting, coyote, turkey, and etc.. There are somewhere around 90 electrical technicians at the plant, always some leaving and always hiring replacements. The cost of property is pretty reasonable, I guess dirt cheap compared to California, my house and 4.5 acres cost me $41,500.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

The iron mines up in da U.P. are going great guns right now. The Chi-coms want all the ore they can get. Their might be some millwright stuff to do up der back in da home state. Employment in the Lower P. is freaking dead as a door nail now. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Of course! :-) Apparently he didn't think of doing it for the last

30 years, and all he needed was somebody on Usenet to remind him.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

That is old data. We now get 110 F with 100% humidity in the middle of the summer.

Born and raised here, so I am accustomed to dealing with it. Air conditioning is a requirement, not a accessory.

Reply to
CanopyCo

Comparing Texas to Illinois on guns is like comparing apples to oranges. No FOID required in Texas.

Wes

Wes

rangerssuck wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

Not unless he's perfected a way to instantly create over 1,000 clones of himself.

There's LOTS of work for gunsmiths - especially in the "red" states...

Reply to
RAM³

Is it close enough to the state border where I can live in another Gun Friendly state and commute?

Illonios...is not gun friendly...

And yes..thats dirt cheap...even compared to where I live now.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yah know..thats not a bad idea. Ive got hummm...3-4 Associates Degrees...but I could go for a Bachlers..(sp?)

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Well, FOID is (or at least was) easy to get. $5 and a one page application.

Ignoramus17202

In order of how much money I make, it is 1) my full time computer programming job 2) algebra.com and 3) surplus stuff.

Ignoramus17202

I know what you mean, Chicago has ruined it for the rest of the state. Up north the houses are so close I don't think a push mower can fit between them, down here we have a farm, acreage, another farm, and a small city every here and there. From where I live 2 hours West is Missouri, 2 hours East is Indiana, and 2 hours south is Kentucky. I'm saying 2 hours but it's actually less each direction. Have you heard of the Knob Creek machine gun shoot? I'll bet you'd like that! Search for it on Google, there are videos and everything. I have a lot of friends that go, I need to go sometime.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

There are jobs in Iraq & Afghanistan I heard.

Reply to
Cliff

Too bad you did not have a business or plan .... other than to advertise as a PE. People might have offered sugestions & business help. Oops .. no guns wanted !!

Reply to
Cliff

So we have long noted.

Reply to