Should I move to Idaho?

Pew Center report

Lots of states in big trouble as the other article mentioned, so escaping isn't necessarily the solution. Have you heard the one about the grass always looking greener on the other side? :-)

AZ is right behind CA in the rankings. And yet I know of two places here in need of a genuine all-round hand right now. One includes decent housing. Modest pay and reasonable potential in both cases for the right person. Low cost of living area. But neither place would hire a deadbeat, which is something that won't change even if the economy improves.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Pew Center report

Lots of states in big trouble as the other article mentioned, so escaping isn't necessarily the solution. Have you heard the one about the grass always looking greener on the other side? :-)

AZ is right behind CA in the rankings. Yet I know of two places here in need of a genuine all-round hand right now. One includes decent housing. Modest pay and reasonable potential in both cases for the right person. Low cost of living area. But neither place would hire a deadbeat, which is something that won't change even if the economy improves.

[...]

Not for long. Gummer's about to get a rude awakening about the impracticality of using a generator for home power. After that he can ruminate in the dark about wasting his money to buy the generator, and wishing that he'd paid his power bill instead of those truck repairs that he "hates" to do himself.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

If it is doable during a fridge refersh period..I might indeed. Im posting from a Sony Viao flatscreen...basiclly a laptop made to look like a single panel base..which uses very little power.

Next question?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

============= While not a direct measure, the participating rate in the food stamp program may give some insight into the actual economic situation.

see

people receiving food stamps by state By The Associated Press The Associated Press ? Tue Nov 24, 5:24 pm ET

Note that California is next to last with "only" 48% of its eligible population actually receiving food stamps.

Idaho is just ahead of California with 50%.

Tops was Missouri with 100% participation of eligible individuals.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Move to Arizona and our good gun control laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
meanjoegreen59

Screw you for inviting a lazy, irresponsible, deadbeat crackpot BS artist to Arizona, as if we don't have enough of them already. Gummer's fandamily has leeched some 3 million bucks, doing way more than his share to shoot the good ship California full of holes. Now that it's foundering he thinks another should rescue him. Forget it. It's time to throw him overboard and let him sink to the very bottom to remain anchored by the weight of all the crap he refused to sell in order to pay his bills.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Maybe you should entertain Tom's creepy job offer...you might even get him to front you some money to get your affairs in order and on the way to be his manservant.

Reply to
ATP*

Yes. But leave your computer in California.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're coming up short, you should move to Kentucky close to where they have the Knob creek machine gun shoot. Think of how many liberals per minute some of them machine guns are rated for.

Kidding aside, it's only a few hour drive for me and I haven't been there...yet. Some of the guys from the machine shop where I used to work go there, it sounds like a good time. I need to make arrangements to go, my son would love it too.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Aridzona is a place Ive considered. A retired buddy of mine..ex Green Beret has offered me a position in his gunsmithing shop, as long as I bring all my metalworking machinery...lol.

I understand that Aridzona is not doing very well at the moment either.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Bring a few hundred in cash so you can shoot some of the big guns as well.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

One should do a bit deeper investigation and see how many of Californias "eligible population" are illegal aliens with US born children. Who may not wish to expose themselves to the fact finding required to receive food stamps.

Gunner Asch

Why is that? Odd request from you, of all people.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Those maps are reality, a state Gunner rarely if ever experiences.....

Reply to
ATP*

I saw a special on the Knob Creek machine gun shoot on The Outdoor Channel IIRC, a guy there said he was going back for more money, he already spent the few thousand he brought with him.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

"ATP*" wrote

Reality is you go in the shitcan with the aliens.

buhbye

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sure you do. Oh f*ck yes. Indeedy.

Snicker...then you wont be purchasing anything with a 3 yr warranty?

What the f*ck does that mean? Be specific..feel free to get in depth with details and so forth.

Ill be waiting with interest.

Gunner

Gunner Asch