Should I move to Idaho?

Check places that send remittances to Mexico :)

Wes

Wes

Oil is fungible. Mexico will sell it to someone.

You did leave out how certain political interests want these people made citizens since those interests see these new voters as an advantage.

At least the ones I run into seem to be hard working adn have a strong sense of family.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving btw.

Wes

Wes

So how does he get re-elected?

Wes

Wes

It's that reputation that's the problem.....

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Gunner Asch

retirement.

Much truth in what you write.

And something Ive been pondering on as well. The problem is.......is that even the Fortune 500 jobs in California are fading..fading..fading away.

I drive around a lot as part of my job...and the for sale, for lease, closing, etc etc signs in many many parts of So. Cal are starting to overwhelm the Open signs. Truely..I bullshit you not.

Scary as hell.

Travel time in So Cal ..say from Ontario to Costa Mesa..a drive that used to take 1.25 hrs during low traffic time, to 3 hours during high traffic time...now takes .75 hr most of the time.

That means there are a shit load of folks who are NOT on the road. Truck..semi...traffic is way down too. That means goods are not being moved. So they are either not being produced/ bought or they are using some other method to transport em...chuckle.

Ive been working as a traveling service tech in So Cal now for...hummm

12-14 yrs..and have a pretty good grasp of traffic patterns. And they are all changed. Much less traffic...MUCH less.

One good thing of note..is the stream of pickup trucks headed south to Mexico, with personal possessions piled high. Work is so limited that the Latinos are starving in California. Now in about 90 yrs...the last wetback will be gone..but...shrug

Its coming on to Christmas season..then the January to March slow period before anything will change IN A GOOD YEAR....Crom only knows what will happen this year. And the next

But thanks for your rather good advice, and its something high on my list.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

The farmer's adjacent ranch next door had lots of cattle if he was hungry ....

Per the maps he lives in the city on a poor lot.

Reply to
Cliff

Wes wrote in news:ZqhQm.292953$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-02.dc.easynews.com:

Even dumber/crookeder Democrats plus he's been an excellent employee of the crooks that run politics in his District. (He always votes exactly the way that THEY want...)

Reply to
Eregon

I left it out because it hasn't happened. On the other hand, agricultural and business employers *are* hiring illegals, and providing an attraction of jobs.

We did, Wes, and I hope you did, too.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Taft, CA is not a "city." Taft is the repository of urban scum who cannot survive among civilized people.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

I may be very misinformed, but I thought that Gunner did not claim to be a Vietnam veteran?

Ignoramus10998

FOID gives you right to possess and handle guns. It is not a form of gun registration, as FOID process does not involve mentioning anys pecific firearms. It just allows one to buy guns and to handle them in various contexts.

I do not like FOID, personally, but it is not particularly terrible.

FOID is not a firearms registration.

This is very good. I wish that we had similar rules in Illinois, with CCW and all.

Ignoramus10998

I spend about 1-2 hours per day, tops, doing this sort of thing.

If I spent 10 or so hours, then I would buy or rent a small warehouse, a forklift, and will be able to make a comfortable living from this sort of thing.

Knowing that I can do this, makes me a little bit more secure in thinking about a possibility of unemployment. I would have something to make money with, right away.

Ignoramus10998

There are some apparent inconsistencies between what many think they know, Gunner's age and events in SEA. Gunner says he is now 56 so DOB would be 1953. That squares with a reference to a cite in a post a couple above this one. If G enlisted at 18 it would have been 1971. We pulled out of SEA in 1973.

I'm not sure what the minimum age for enlistment was at the time, but I trained plenty of downy-cheeked recruits that weren't 18 in the mid

60's and I doubt that recruiters got choosier as time and the war dragged on.

In one place G said he served from 71 to 73, in another he claimed 3+ years of service. All of 71 thru all of 73 would be 3 years, no +.

I'm inclined to cut him some benefit of doubt, YMMV. My opinion is that G did serve in the U.S. Army for some period of time, some of it in SEA. Other opinions are certainly available. I am a vet so I have little tolerance for phoney vets. My opinion is partially based on private communications with G. I pinged. His responses showed comprehension of and familiarity with a couple of notions that only a very artful, perceptive, observant and very well-read phoney could contrive.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Try it when your savings have been exhausted by medical bills and you dont have any money in your pocket.

Im proud of you for having come to this country and become sucessful.

And Ill pray that you remain sucessful.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

How do you give a right?

Wes

Wes

From a few days ago: "First person I killed in RVN was a young kid..."

File it in the same place as his claims about owning a free and clear home on his multi-acre ranch, and his Stephen Hawking-level IQ.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

You can have money in one week, if you sell those OmniTurns for $4k apiece.

I am not particularly successful...

Ignoramus10200

Are you buying one? I ask again..was that an offer?

Will they be turning off your power tommorow?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Really? The name in Washington for Ron Paul is Dr. No. He gives the Republican party fits at times.

I was happy to vote for the guy when he was running for President.

Wes

Wes