Should I move to Idaho?

In gummer's defense ... all that spare ammo was pretty.

Reply to
Cliff

And he has that PE too ...

Reply to
Cliff

He is a pack leader of the Royal Rangers.

Which leads one to believe he advertises his fetish. And his lack of gag reflex.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Cheap homes in Boise.

Jobs?

knews4u2chew

=============\ I scan the Detroit Free Press and Detroit News every few days for automotive news. The local stories are incredible.

This gives insight into what occurs when an industrial based area economy loses its industry. Detroit has lost over 1/2 of its population from its peak.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Wes wrote in news:LQYPm.24409$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-03.dc.easynews.com:

It's a Hockey thing - the NY Rangers consistently trounce their opponents but rarely win a championship.

Reply to
Eregon

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.invalid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Perhaps you may have noticed that Ron Paul had his worst showing in Texas (his home state)?

That's because far too many people are familiar with him and his record: he's a total idiot that has never accurately represented his constituency.

Reply to
Eregon

Yeah, but look at all the services you get for your money :)

Reply to
robert bowman

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:06:52 -0500, the infamous Spehro Pefhany scrawled the following:

I thought Adroit was in Michigan.

-- Q: How many climate scientists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. There's a consensus that it's going to change, so they've decided to keep us in the dark.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Some interesting homes. About the pricing for around where I live actually. Smaller homes there though than here. My place is 1750sqr feet on a quarter acre..

Ive been browsing. Seems to be a lot of electronic jobs for kids..test bench, QA stuff. Not much in industrial maintainence..but Ive bookmarked it and will keep going through it.

Thanks!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

You're just sore because they took away your slaves. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:24:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@citlink.net wrote: When I

I did say that. To put that back in context, I'm just not fascinated or obsessed with Gunner as Wayne is.

I share an interest with Gunner in metalworking, including welding and machining. I know, odd forum for that but oh well. I seem to have missed Wayne's metalworking-relevant contributions. I also am interested in and enjoy guns and shooting, a subject where Gunner clearly has some useful knowledge. I really don't care about his politics, status with the tax man, military history, credit rating, civic responsibility, domestic issues or sexual prowess. As Wayne noted, not caring is indeed different from condoning.

Reply to
Don Foreman

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:4b10b45a$0$22535$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Ed, but an exhaustive search has shown that none of my forebears ever owned any slaves.

Some of them, however, were treated as such by the Yankee Carpetbaggers that invaded Texas after the war.

Reply to
Eregon

Despite the spin, it's become obvious that you're fine with phony vets so long as they're otherwise friendly towards you. You're also fine with obsessions, or don't you count thousands of posts per month, most of them idiotically criticizing half the country, as an obsession?

I doubt that. And your word on it isn't worth much more than gummy's.

You think that's a good enough reason to ignore his advocacy of anarchy and treason? Of course you do.

Add racism to the list of things you don't care about. And yet when somebody criticizes racism, there's old don squeaking right up again, but only if it's a fellow fearful gun-nut getting criticized. And how come you didn't have anything to say about steve's clumsy nym-shifting?

it any way you like, but there's no changing the fact that your standards only come in two flavors - low and double.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

The incredible shrinking "ranch" continues on its diet! Only 7 months ago it was "3/4 of an acre".

that was way down from "several acres" in 1999.
Was there ever a time that you be trusted to tell the truth?

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

No cite but I distinctly remember Gummer telling me that he lived on a vast ranch where the neighbors were barely visible when I first arrived in this newsgroup. At the time I believed his bullshit. But not for long.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Yes it would have been. If you notice, the feds are protecting the Texas / Mexico border, not the Texas Rangers.

As it is, I think we are pretty well invaded now.

Wes

Wes

ok just as nuts

e more productive

all team? =A0I've

OK. Gunner just pushes my buttons. It pisses me off that he lives off the government teat while bashing all kinds of social programs which have, quite literally, kept him and his family alive.

Change Gunner? The only thing that I expect will change him is the passage of time and the inevitable munching of worms and microbes. He's all bark and no bite and, by his own definition, a useless eater.

Rangers Suck is a reference to the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League. It's a common chant at NJ Devils games and it is, well, true.

I'm a sometimes amateur metal worker (there are only so many hours in a day) 11" Logan, frankenstein-ish bench-top knee mill and other sundry devices. Classically trained organist, Former mechanic, current Electronics engineer. Former NRA member, but a bleeding-heart liberal.

Most of my usenet posting is done while I'm on the phone, waiting for someone on hold (often billable time) - which somehow seems like about half my day. I'm surely not doing this while I'd be better off looking for a job to feed the wife and kids. Or moving to Idaho.

Reply to
rangerssuck

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

California is where you have contacts and a reputation for your line of work. Starting over somewhere else is starting over as an unknown quantity.

Despite how bad California may be, it still has a huge economy. You need to settle down and take a 40hr a week job working maintenance. Not a mom and pop shop, you need to work for a fortune 500 type company. They tend to have important things like health insurance as part of the package.

Believe it or not, they also pay overtime, have holidays and vacation pay. Oh yes, in most times a pretty regular, reliable paycheck that you can plan your budget on.

Its time to be like the rest of us, punching the time clock, hoping to live to retirement.

Wes

Wes

I remember a higher number as well, but my cites were just what was easiest to grab from a quick search.

I've got you beat there, I don't think I ever believed it. That ability probably came from a lifetime of experience of dealing with various BS artists. There used to be one a few miles away who could teach gummy a trick or two. But meeting in person made him a snap to see through.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE