Should I move to Idaho?

Damn right. Where better? Kalifornia is to jerks as Mecca is to Muslims

(present company excluded etc)

Reply to
RBnDFW

Reeellllly?

I still have family and friends there. Bikers some of them. And one Family that keeps a nice place down on Higgins Lake...Funny last name...Scillian ancestry...

Find out who and were he lives..it would be very handy to have.

Oh hell yes..indeedy.

Keep it in mind..might make it worth your while.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Actually..Im 3 days away..since moving to California 30+ yrs ago...

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Indeed

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Definately gonna keep that in mind.

Any towns in particular?

That I can make a living at?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I lived in Abbyville and Crowley for a while, when I worked for Western Geo. My sister was a deputy there until about a year ago when she moved to Kansas. I loved the area. Cajins is the warmist people.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Illinois is a big Gun State?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Odessa maybe Houston, but the humidity will kill you A friend of mine had a lucrative business in Houston making some sort of valves for the fracturing guys. Gas drilling has really slowed down, and his business has too. I'm in DFW and I see whole machine shops for sale on CL regularly of late. But I also know others that seem to be doing well. Good deals on machine tools till sell fast here, but the high-dollar pro stuff seems to sit unsold. YMMV

Reply to
RBnDFW

You have hope, gawd knows why.

His oldest debts *aren't* taxes. But it doesn't matter if it's taxes or whatever bills, people who make a habit of ignoring their responsibilities are unlikely to be good hires. Employers know that, and these days it's easier than ever to weed out the applicants who are most likely to be a waste of time. Not that it takes much work in this case considering that gummy posted a sort of a resume where he complains about people who are "sucking on a paycheck". Talk about a red flag. Start his own biz? Forget it, he tried that and failed spectacularly.

I doubt that he has sufficient skills to make a living at firearms. He seems to struggle at telling the difference between net and gross. And I know he doesn't have the will to succeed at anything that requires diligence.

You've *already* judged... wrongly, but aren't willing to admit it. If some "libtard', to use the term favored by gummy et al, were posting the same sob stories here, a whole bunch of phony conservatives would be on him like ants at a picnic. But since it's a self-professed libertarian/conservative/"democrat" who's making a mockery of conservatism, some of you prefer to pretend that he can or might change his stripes. It's fricken ludicrous, and you know it. Only recently gummy refused to get up from his keyboard to do work that he "hates", but this week he's going to pack up and start over in Idaho? LOL Oh wait, he didn't say that he'd actually move, he just wants to talk talk talk about it. Can it get any more ridiculous? Yes, it can and it will.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

I couldn't tell you. I brought my job with me when I moved here.

Reply to
Pete C.

China?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

They seem to think that being a Texan means something, in and of itself.

That's my exact experience. If I have to be dropped penniles and naked from an airplane, let it be over Dallas. Great folks.

Not exclusively. Every so often they export their garbage to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The beauty part is that the turds float back home in self defense.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

hummm...some truth there..indeed.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Big Bend was nice, Lake Balmorhea Tx was a real head trip after bicycling hunreds of miles.

Wes

Wes

Yea - I'm a director of the local County range. Pictures of kids getting their first deer in the newspaper.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

=A0Unknown Usnet Poster

=A0 =A0 =A0Keyton

So what's the deal now - gunner is the greatest hotshot gunsmith who's gonna put everyone else out of business? Seriously?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Check out El Paso. High mountain - 4000'. West, West Texas. Lived there as a young person. They have some nice ranges there - the Army is big and lots of hunting in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado.

Check out the clubs there. Not far from there is the big range that hosts IHMSA Internationals.

Mart> >=20

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

To be a gunsmith in California..is to live constantly under a microscope held by antigunners. Ive known about 25 smiths since I moved here 30 yrs ago. The ones that havent died..have moved to other states to run their businesses.

Hostile Work Environment is not my idea of fun.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

So what is your full time job Iggy? And whats your yearly gross?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch wrote: (snip)

Note that Idaho is one of the states where you can legally own fully automatic weapons. It is also a low humidity area (at least Southern Idaho), with about 10" annual precip. It might get above 105F a few days in August, but most of the summer isn't likely to top the mid 90s.

Of course I moved from Idaho to Pennsylvania about 9 years ago to be an apprentice blacksmith (which never worked out, but I'm still happy here), so I'm not up on the current state of the economy there.

Reply to
Todd Rich