model manipulation

I just installed wf2 and am having problems with the middle mouse button. Instead of rotating the model it zooms in and out. I also get the scroll symbol on the screen. What's up?

Thanks

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I use a spaceball and trackball, so this is foreign to me, but isn't it something like MMB / Drag to rotate, wheel to zoom? If that's not what you are seeing, maybe look at the mouse driver MMB option setting?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

New mouse functions starting with wildfire 1.0 Here are wildfire 2.0 MMB controls

spin: drag holding MMB

pan: drag holding SHIFT

  • MMB

zoom: drag vertical holding CTRL

  • MMB

rotate around axis perpendicular to screen: drag horizontal holding CTRL

  • MMB

Opt. zoom: ROLL MMB SCROLL WHEEL

Hope this helps, Jack

Reply to
jack

Do you have a microsoft mouse with the intellipoint drivers installed? If so, you need to open the mouse properties dialog (from the control panel) Click on the 'Wheel' tab Click on 'Advanced' under 'Wheel Troubleshooter' Add the xtop.exe to the list of programs.

This only works with the intellipoint 4.x series. 5.x does not allow you to do this (so you must use 4.x drivers with proe)

I believe logitech has a similar setting to solve your problem, but I don't use logitech.

Reply to
Arlin

Make sure your middle mouse button is set to autoscroll. I had the same problem.

Reply to
Toby