A modest proposal... or Jerry Irvine saves the Universe

It's ALL about YOU, huh? Is that what you are saying?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What happened to:

Did someone forget to lock, or load? Which one is it? How did it come to pass that (1) the bill never reached the floor and (2) was never introduced in the House?

Mark Johns>> the

Reply to
Alex Mericas

But only one "i" in Dillon...

Bob Kaplow

we gonna diverge here folks.... I still say and think that as a 1st step in a continuing process over time.....0.9 lb was a great improvement over

62.5g..... With additional fine tuning I'm sure it would have become even better........and If 0.9 lbs became law, the bush administration finally rode into the sunset, the terrorism hysteria abated somewhat, we could come back to this at a later date and get a even more and better deal .....This was NOT a one shot deal folks.....this was just an opening gambit......

and don't forget that ARSA in its rush to be the savior of all rocketry forced the NAR/TRA's hand on this..... and the ARSA is now responsible for the NAR/TRA having to raise its rates by $15 to pay for Mr. Kytes 60K bill..... IF I was the NAR/TRA I'd sue both JW and his ARSA to recovery that money...... IF I was paranoid( and I'm not although I'm sure some of you think I am ) I'd almost think that JW/ARSA did this on purpose with the intent of trying to destroy both the NAR/TRA

I mean come on folks....lets take a close look ar ARSA.....No articles of incorporation, no bylaws, no officers,no Board of directors,no dues,not a member of NFPA,no membership card(how can you be real without a ID card?),no nothing....Its a figment of JW's mind and a pretty good one at that.....

Heck today I started a new organization called the IRA....No, not the Irish Republican Army, The Independent Rocketry Association.....come and join...its free and we do nothing .......

The original ARSA submission was DOA and fatally flawed from the very beginning....

From my perspective as a NAR member, the ARSA had no business whatsoever sticking its nose into model rocketry and HPR.......ARSA doesn';t even have anything to do with model rocketry or HPR....its Amateur Rocketry.....I'm going to say this one more time: ALL together Now: Model Rocketry and High Power Rocketry are NOT Amateur Rocketry and vice-versa..OK ? Understand? Don't make me come over there and smack you upside your head.......

shockie B) NAR 16158

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Agreed. The nominating committee could look a bit harder, but I suspect they already are. I don't know why interest in running for the BOD dropped when we switched from triannual elections to annual. We used to have 13 trustees, not 9. I don't think we could even get 4 more volunteers right now.

Bob Kaplow

Possibly, as it's been 26 years. But I *THINK* I was there, at least for part of the meeting. On the UofC campus. While I was there someone actually tracked down a missing trustee that turned out to be in Rockford.

Bob Kaplow

NARAM has almost always been the first week of August just because it minimizes these problems. Several folks, including Tom Beach and my wife have issues if it's even a week earlier with summer school classes.

Bob Kaplow

Destroyer. But he wasn't on the board while he was still serving at sea. neither were we allowed to retain a trustee while serving in LEO...

Bob Kaplow

I still disagree. If we win our legal case, or continue to block the changes in the recent NPRM, we're much better off than we'd be if we had the Hatchet/Kohl Slaw version of 724 crammed up our exhaust nozzles.

HK724 is ONLY worth pushing for if and when BOTH of those fail.

Bob Kaplow

I agree and we are BOTH disagreeing with "Mark Johnson, BoT and Executive Committee"

Looks like we (the entire industry) are screwed.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Looks like what a bunch of TARC kids would need...

Bob Kaplow

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

And that's NAR/TRA's doing, is it?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Yeah, their in cahoots with the Judge. Don't you know how conspiracies work?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

< TRA/NAR's predictable denials snipped >

excerpted from JW's comments to me regarding my original post on Dec 5th:

"I had tons of emails from people totally confused on what to do. That time delay and in the case of some people, no letters at all because a member was not in their state, absolutely killed us.

"A more recent example of how the TRA/NAR withholding of information, like the DOJ letter to Hatch, can be fatal was the ATFE air drone tests. TRA/NAR wanted to keep that secret for reasons only they know."

TRA/NAR obstructed our efforts to bring pressure to bear on the Senate, and expose the fabrications of the DoJ/BATFE

Together Kyte's failure to make visible progress in influencing Senators, and propagating the misguided belief to the TRA/NAR boards that the arguments to deregulate rocketry had insufficient merit, led to their acquiescence to the Hatch-Kohl abomination. They failed to attack it head-on while it was still only a conversation in Kohl's office. They failed to attack it in the SJC, and the completely absurd assumptions it was based upon. Instead they advised the memberships to support its passage in the naive belief that somehow the Senate/House Joint Committee would adequately improve it.

These are the facts:

  • TRA/NAR boards did not have the courage of their convictions; i.e.; they had no stomach [read "guts"] for the kind of fight that was required to counter the BATFE lies and Senators posturing

  • they demonstrated what untrustworthy and dismal leaders they were by repeatedly failing to focus membership resources at nearly every critical juncture, and instead issued decrees that often served to disorient or diffuse the membership

  • to this date Bunny has never substantively responded to my request for 'measurable results' achieved by Mr. Kyte.

please see my 2003-08-29 08:06:23 PST post in thread "Re: NAR BoD declines Wickman leadership in legislative action"

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

what you don't know you can't hurt, can you?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

too late, shockie

but most of the links are broken, so if they're not actually operating you may be able to buy the name from them ;)

]

Oops Upside Your Head The Gap Band 1987, Phonogram

"say oops upside your head say oops upside your head say oops upside your head say oops upside your head"

- iz ;)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

In other words, the grand Iz and The Savior Wickman have no plan, no hope, and no clue. But only one of them has the guts to expose that here on R.M.R.. Nothing but a load of empty hope. I have a plan too, but I'm not telling. I'd say you locked, you loaded, and you shot blanks.

I wish I could find the line from JW about the "big guns swiveling in their direction" regarding some master letter writing campaign last fall. I guess those guns fell silent also.

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
Alex Mericas

if I didn't see your sig, I would have thought you were Ray Dunakin

you mimic his [un]grasp of english well

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

All they have to do is ask for a status hearing. 32 cent stamp and a 2 page document.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nobody thinks your posturing and hyperbole is useful, factual or helpful.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine