A modest proposal... or Jerry Irvine saves the Universe

Nope, NAR/TRA were aware from the start that this sort of thing can happen, which is one reason why they were not enthusiastic about attempting legislative relief at this point.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Big deal. You still haven't explained how the original form of the bill could have gotten through the Senate without Schumer and Lautenberg stopping it the way they stopped the neutered version.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I'd guess that many other web sites have direct links to #1 generating more downloads.

Reply to
Alan Jones

That sounds like the SFM in Florida. They told me that it was not the legislatures intent to pass NFPA 11XX. When passing the approval of NFPA 1, they had looked to the SFM to guide them and the SFM had not had time to review all the subordinate regs. Therefore, they would not be enforcing them and would be seeking an exemtion to them (and a few others) in the future.

BTW, I asked about needing a LEUP for Hobby Rocket engines in FL. They responded with a "What for, they are not explosives." When I told them that the BATFE was asking us to get them, they responded with "That's crazy. It's not their jusdiction since they are not explosives." Funny how they can see it and BATFE can't.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Don't you know everything you say that conflicts with Ray's delusions is FUD?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You didn't understand it the last 15 times it was explained. Why bother explaining it again.

You will just dismiss the messenger, dispute known fact, and act as if the law is besides the point.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Theoretically, theory and practice are the same. Practically, they're not.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

These days ("post 9-11" I guess) the national government seems determined not to care what _isn't_ it's jurisdiction.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

We already have a blanket exemption for all rocket propellant. The LAW on the first page of the orange book clearly does NOT regulate it. In fact, we're sueing the JBGTs because what they are currently doing is illegal. The ONLY piece of SB724 we really need is to extend the NRA exemption to our hobby for reasonable quantities of BP.

Bob Kaplow

We don't currently have a 62.5g limit in the LAW. WHy should we accept a .9# limit when we currently have NO limit?

And you think a Hillary administration would be more willing to return our rights?

NAR dues increased because of increased INSURANCE costs.

Don't we already have 3 such organizations. One using the same 3 letters as you suggest?

Bob Kaplow

You gonna pick up all that garbage?

I never knew chickens was on the menu...

Bob Kaplow

IIRC he's now living in Ohio, and has been for many years. He shows up occasionally at midwest launches. I used to see him fly his Initiator at Danville. He's HPR certified. I don't think he's got anything to do with rocket politics any more.

Bob Kaplow

I can not tell a lie, I put that envelope underneath that garbage.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

My comments are chargeable? COOL!!! I think I will charge you $35.87 for reading them.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Again, big deal. Making an effort is not a result in and of itself. What are the actual _results_ of that effort?? Are we better off, or worse off, then we were before? I'd say that effort has not produced any positive results and probably has produced some negative results -- delaying the lawsuit, turning rocketry into a political football, etc. Not to mention the negative effects of Wickman's scapegoating of TRA/NAR.

Reply to
RayDunakin

You cannot judge that in a vacuum. To be fair you must factor in the efforts NAR and TRA also did, big and expensive efforts, all as far as I can tell, not in concert with the author of the bill.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

At least Wickman was talking with Enzi (or, on tactical issues, probably to Candice in his office), and passing along, in a timely manner, requests for things like _specifically-timed_ appeals to legislators from the public.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Reply to