Is there another rocketry forum?

It's a shame what this newsgroup has become. It's all about "Jerry", whose only real "contribution" to the hobby is to pollute this newsgroup with
crazed ramblings, conspiracy theories, deceit, and insults to other flyers/members, folks who make a real contribution. Unfortunately, killfile-ing Jerry is not enough, as his various detractors, supporters, those who vie for his "mantle", those who feel that they just have to respond and the politically curious add enough noise to the group as to drown out the signal. Is it any wonder that there's less rocketry content on this group? You can imagine the innocently curious visiting, and running screaming.
I miss the posts from Peter Alway, but he left the building some time ago. Ditto with Tim, Shrox, Dale, Chuck, Rob, Gary, Erik and others. Thanks to the remaining who try to make a difference, but I fear that Jerry and his rubber-neckers have made the place a toxic waste dump.
Is there another forum where so much noise is not welcome, and folks talk about building/flying rockets? Where I can learn about new rockets from Applewhite, how the Outlander compares to the Mars Lander, what the folks at ASP are up to?
-- Todd
There is a great forum the Rocketry forum That is all we talk about there is building and flying rockets. Go and check it out www.rocketryforum.com you will like it.
Tom

whose
running
at
Thanks!
-- Todd

content
ago.
his
talk
folks
are us Heritics allowed?

content
ago.
his
talk
folks
Absolutely.... TRF
http://www.rocketryforum.com
Stones

whose
running
at

Jerry-free zone. You're welcome :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

That's gotta be a boring place... why would I want to join a club, forum, etc., that wouldn't let someone I know in? I'd feel weird about that, like trying to have a good time at a party where an acquaintance was specifically uninvited or something!
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

Then don't go there.

To be fair they have not asked me to leave. I simply have voluntarily not posted there (much). If there is ever a thread where my advise is solicited and I am emailed and asked to post I will.
It is ROL that bans me (I refuse to spoof to bypass it). They have such poor content and I want to keep it that way.
Rmr, despite the noise level, has (some) actual content. In fact it is the content that attracts trolls who object to truth.
Jerry
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:06:46 -0800, David Weinshenker

Stay away then Dave. RMR is best for your style.
Snot Locker wrote:

one more killfile occupant, then
Altopia posters never learn
- iz
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:06:50 GMT, Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Iz I couldn't care less about your killfile. You post 50 paragraphs of crap when 2 sentences will do the trick.
Shot Locker wrote:

ah, no. I post substantive argument with references, which you do not
but your remark is interesting, as you are certainly spending some effort trying to circumvent someone's killfile
how many of these are yours?
snipped-for-privacy@debra.net snipped-for-privacy@debra.net snipped-for-privacy@aussie.au snipped-for-privacy@aussie.au snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.au snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.uk snipped-for-privacy@frenchroast.net snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.net snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net
- iz
No one is "un-invited" to TRF, not even Jerry.
If I'm not mistaken (jerry, please tell me if I am), Jerry *chooses* not to participate in TRF *because* it is moderated. And that's fine. It's the beauty of it all, we can have both (and more) to satify the needs, wants and desires of (hopefully) all.
If you want to truely speak your mind and say *anything* under the sun, then rmr is the best place to be. If you want to stay focused and have out of focus discussion stopped (judgement calls, if you will), then a moderated forum may be what you want. Is it "perfect"? Nope. May not always agree with what a moderator decides. But then, I don't always agree with what the cop, or judge or ATF decides either. If one doesn't like the way it runs, they are as welcome to leave as they are to join up. Few leave and more and more are joining up every day.
but "boring"? Not even close.
jim
David Weinshenker wrote:

Well...looky there! Actually, Jerry, I don't think that if you could limit yourself to ONLY technical posts and stuff like that, that the members of TRF would have a problem with you joining.
The good thing about TRF is that it is FULLY and actively moderated and any posts that the moderators feel don't fit are pulled out - it's really good!
Jason

Which usually amounts to "political" posts. That's left to rmr. ;-)
Stones
Stop talking so much about Jerry and talk more about me!!!
The new Shrockets will be based on a PNC-70 type nose cone, a scale up of the PNC-55 I had previously used. The first shipment of cones should be arriving from the East in a month, then a few weeks of production after that. Ready by flying season I believe.
And they are sweet...mmm way cool boost glider...oohhhh...donuts...
shrox www.shrox.com

What a brilliant segue Shrox!!! ;-) Can't wait to see them.
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau www.rocketmaterials.org NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3 www.nepra.com Remove "My Shorts" to reply
shrox wrote:

MMMMM.....sprinkles!

KEWL, then Shrox !
Lets talk the Shrox, don't knock the Nox.
Art , who says shrox rocks