Is there another rocketry forum?

It's a shame what this newsgroup has become. It's all about "Jerry", whose only real "contribution" to the hobby is to pollute this newsgroup with crazed ramblings, conspiracy theories, deceit, and insults to other flyers/members, folks who make a real contribution. Unfortunately, killfile-ing Jerry is not enough, as his various detractors, supporters, those who vie for his "mantle", those who feel that they just have to respond and the politically curious add enough noise to the group as to drown out the signal. Is it any wonder that there's less rocketry content on this group? You can imagine the innocently curious visiting, and running screaming.

I miss the posts from Peter Alway, but he left the building some time ago. Ditto with Tim, Shrox, Dale, Chuck, Rob, Gary, Erik and others. Thanks to the remaining who try to make a difference, but I fear that Jerry and his rubber-neckers have made the place a toxic waste dump.

Is there another forum where so much noise is not welcome, and folks talk about building/flying rockets? Where I can learn about new rockets from Applewhite, how the Outlander compares to the Mars Lander, what the folks at ASP are up to?

-- Todd

Reply to
Todd Lainhart

There is a great forum the Rocketry forum That is all we talk about there is building and flying rockets. Go and check it out

you will like it.

Tom

Reply to
rocket trike

Thanks!

-- Todd

Reply to
Todd Lainhart

Absolutely.... TRF

Stones

Reply to
stones

Jerry-free zone. You're welcome :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's gotta be a boring place... why would I want to join a club, forum, etc., that wouldn't let someone I know in? I'd feel weird about that, like trying to have a good time at a party where an acquaintance was specifically uninvited or something!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Then don't go there.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

To be fair they have not asked me to leave. I simply have voluntarily not posted there (much). If there is ever a thread where my advise is solicited and I am emailed and asked to post I will.

It is ROL that bans me (I refuse to spoof to bypass it). They have such poor content and I want to keep it that way.

Rmr, despite the noise level, has (some) actual content. In fact it is the content that attracts trolls who object to truth.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stay away then Dave. RMR is best for your style.

Reply to
Snot Locker

Well...looky there! Actually, Jerry, I don't think that if you could limit yourself to ONLY technical posts and stuff like that, that the members of TRF would have a problem with you joining.

The good thing about TRF is that it is FULLY and actively moderated and any posts that the moderators feel don't fit are pulled out - it's really good!

Jason

Reply to
Jason Toft

one more killfile occupant, then

Altopia posters never learn

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Stop talking so much about Jerry and talk more about me!!!

The new Shrockets will be based on a PNC-70 type nose cone, a scale up of the PNC-55 I had previously used. The first shipment of cones should be arriving from the East in a month, then a few weeks of production after that. Ready by flying season I believe.

And they are sweet...mmm way cool boost glider...oohhhh...donuts...

shrox

shrox

Which usually amounts to "political" posts. That's left to rmr. ;-)

Stones

Reply to
stones

Try ROL or The Rocket Forum:

RayDunakin

Show us some pics, Shrox. -- Richard "working on a 38mm Shrox upscale" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

What a brilliant segue Shrox!!! ;-) Can't wait to see them.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

MMMMM.....sprinkles!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

KEWL, then Shrox !

Lets talk the Shrox, don't knock the Nox.

Art , who says shrox rocks

Reply to
ArtU

Reply to