More Tripoli hypocrisy?

I can guarantee you that the NARs cut of a NARAM or NSL isn't any where near

47% of the GROSS. IIRC it's 15% of the NET. For an event like NARAM, that might be on the order of a couple bucks per person. Nothing like the $37 per head that TRA is skimming off every LDRS attendee.

What's really disgusting is if TRA was honest enough to ask each attendee for a $37 donation to help pay for insurance and the legal fund, most of them would gladly do so. But to just slip it through as a surcharge, and lie about what it's for is FRAUD.

Any one going to LDRS and paying the $20 insurance surcharge, should contact the Kansas Atty General and/or whoever regulates insurance in Kansas. I'm sure one of hem would be happy to investigate this matter much more objectively than any one on RMR...

Bob Kaplow

You can do it on their behalf.

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

This exchange is representative of many discussions with Tripoli embers and leaders. When called on an issue they pull out the ancient history or "that's in the past" card and proceed to blame you for not focusing on the present. Meantime people who learn about history are not forced to repeat the mistakes of the past or avoid learning anything from them. TRA just makes the same mistakes over and over and over.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I remember reading an article a few years ago about how it was practically the kiss of death to put Fortran or COBOL on your resume. Apparently too many employers took this to mean you were "old school" (or just old) and thus not "cutting edge" regardless of how skilled/experienced you were with the latest stuff.

Reply to
RayDunakin

COBOL is dead but FORTRAN is back.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I faintly remember that, but I thought that was for the early x.25 networks.

The itnernet was on x.25 before tcp/ip "I belive". when it converted over to ip, routers took care of those "Hops" for you.

Reply to
AlMax714

it's amasing this thread went from rules changing to Irvine history to computer history in a few short days.

Reply to
AlMax714

Tripoli supporters are all about changing the subject when TRA is accused, and remembering every allegation ever made, proven or not when attackig a former member.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sooo... it's a *failing* to jump from one idea to another, because it happened to be inspired by something else being discussed...?

I'm not a Tripoli 'supporter'. (Although I *do* have a membership - makes things easier when I come down to the States to fly...) I just happen to like jumping from topic to topic.

Must be the short attention-span... :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

The wonders of the internet!

Bob Kaplow

I spent many a late night burning my professor's computer budget playing

3-D tic tac toe on a mainframe instead of analysing data using APL SV like I was supposed to. The program wasn't that advanced because I frequently beat it, too.

Mark Simpson

OS9 the first multitasking OS? Don't think so.... There was this thing called Unix (pre system V) and it's mother, Multics (the lord of the "rings" some called it). Not available for home users, but available to many pre OS9!

Now can anybody tell me what "baudot" is? :)

Reply to
Woody Miller

This is becoming the geek of the month club thread. ;)

I can still hear the IBM terminal printing matrices of vector solutions for relative air traffic distances. A stupid homework assignment in APL. I fooled around with it until it was one line of code (which will be a familiar trick for those twisted enough to have done APL programming). I'd like to find the guy who thought up greek double-strike characters for matrix operations and, and, well... ah who cares. He probably got his just rewards by now. 8-]

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

M/PM?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He's the robot those other two robots under the tree are waiting for d%^)

Get it?

"WAITING FOR BAUDOT" french accent needed :^)

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

Woody, I did fail to qualify that as 'useful' mulitasking OS. And of course you forgot OS2. I still use both OS9 and OS2, and of course the lowly UNIX ;-) Religated to Codonics printers.

Reply to
Robert DeHate

OS/2 was long after Unix.....

Remember - OS/2 started at MS! (Windows NT was originally OS/2 New Technology "OS/2 NT", due to the fact the Windows 3.0 caught on - and Dos

4.0 was such a joke) - MS had OS/2 at the time and IBM took DOS 4.0

You seem to have missed about 10 years of history - I was using Unix in the

70's, and the PC didn't even come out until the early 80's
Reply to
Woody Miller

Big fat yuppers there Woodrow. IIRC Unix dates back to 1969.....b-day of daarpa ie, internet.

As far as OS/2 it really didn't get good at multitasking until the warp era.

I think I still might have warp on 3.5" diskette.....

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Woody Miller wrote:

Reply to
ogie oglethorp

There were also small companies like IBM, CDC, DEC, Honeywell etc that had been doing that for quite some time.

Phil Ste>OS9 the first multitasking OS? Don't think so.... There was this thing

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

So that's what Spock was doing. He was playing chess instead of working and he beat the computer too. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman