New AT motor technology

think fast jerry: what were the worlds first hobbyist reloadable rocker motors?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

RMS late 1990 R&R early 1990 TRM (clones of R&R) early 1991

Synerjet were loadable not reloadable.

Vulcan had reloadables well before R&R but those were for commercial deals, not released to consumers.

RMS were the first CONSUMER released (before DOT approvals, before TRA/NAR certs).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Certainly.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ONLY the CERTIFIED pen may be used if they are TRA certified :)

This is because the ink becomes an integral part of the certified casing.

:)

Jerry

"I've replied back to some of Jerry's posts in a bit of anger but this time I think it's funny...someone has to step up and take the lead so to speak. And if you just get past Jerry's political crap thrown into most of his posts he usually does have some very good input that can be backed up and is quite reliable. All hail Jerry!....or not...."

- Randy D

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

WRONG....the first reloadable hobbyist rocket motors were the Jetex rocket motors and their pellet fuel....1948 I do believe...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I hereby concede the point.

However I do believe they are more accurately "airplane propellers".

They are incapable of vertical flight.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, it just means they don't trust jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Nice try jerry, Frank's TRM motors were copied by you. Not the other way around.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

snip of Jerry's hobby motor relodable history.

I have hard evidence. You ignore it with pride.

God bless.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It is ALWAYS about Jerry for Brian :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

^^^^^^ Just what would those be for...? Homemade rocking chairs? :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

What "evidence"?? I've never seen any evidence that you designed reloadable motors prior to Kosdon, and you sure as heck didn't have any reloadable motors on the market until quite some time after everyone else did.

Oh, I get it now! In your mind, simply claiming to have evidence IS evidence. And when challenged, you just respond that the "evidence" is/was/would be ignored. How convenient for you!

Reply to
raydunakin

The Synerjet motors and casings I saw at '91 Fall Danville sure looked reloadable to me. Unless you're saying something about their reliability or market longevity? They were also the first I saw that used snap rings

Reply to
Roy Green

looked

Synerjet made reloadables, band later made some "kit" motors that were single-use and came partially assembled. The user finished the assembly. Perhaps Jerry was thinking of those "kit" motors.

I believe Kosdon was using snap rings before Synerjet.

Reply to
raydunakin

I can't ignore what I don't see.

Why don't you post your "hard evidence" for all to see?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

By the way, Do you have My fraud judgment? Interest is accruing.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'd love to see that data. I imagine he did an SN curve. But I wonder if he used each firing as a cycle, or if he accounted for the frequency vibration of various motor firings.

Sorry, can't help it. I see data, people.

Reply to
Doc

In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 3/17/05 5:31 PM:

Wrong. I made several successful vertical flights with them in the early '70's, in a modified Estes Alpha (HT-50 IIRC with the cored pellets).

BTW RMS was developed in the late '80's, publicly demonstrated in early

1990.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 3/17/05 5:14 PM:

No it did not. A Vulcan "reloadable" casing was circulated around at launches well after the commercial introduction of RMS in 1990. It actually looked a lot like the CTI motor design.

ISP had "reloadable" RDS motors as early as 1983 or 1984.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

I was not discussing "non-public" dates, and I did focus on "HPR market target" products.

As we both know there are plenty of commercial and military motors preceeding those that were "reloadable".

The RCS LUR motors on the other hand are "special" since they are non-metalic (USR made fiberglass reloadables for a while), and reloadable, and most notably molded, which makes them practical for a wide market.

Congrats.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine