No LEMP for Jerry?

He wanted to FORCE everyone to see his crap.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, I suppose that if and when you get legitimate paperwork, Then you can follow the procedures everybody else uses to get certified.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Who is "Everyone"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

No one is "forced" to read anything posted on this newsgroup, by you, Me or anybody else. I think Allot of people find these discussions enlightening.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I dunno... if there's anyone here who has _not_ noticed what Jerry mentioned, raise your hand now.

Dave, all the posters you don't see with their hands up? That's "Everyone".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Is this your local ATF field office signing off on this? Did they provide a letter?

Reply to
Snapshot 5

Me. Unless someone else reposts it, I don't see either one of their posts. As to whether Jerry's post contain "content", well, that is certainly open to interpretation. I guess BS could be considered content...kinda like fiber, maybe.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Jerry said something?

I keep seeing LEMP, and thinking "Large Electromagnetic Pulse"...

Spending too much time reading up on Tesla, I guess...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Reply to
Phil Stein

I think it's more the case that the recent spate of TRA putting-foot-in-mouth-and-then-shooting-self-in-foot postings are putting the drone(s) into uber passive/aggressive mode. Can you feel their pain, Jerry? :)

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

| >>Jerry, IT'S SHINY SIDE OUT! | >>

| > He wanted to FORCE everyone to see his crap. | >

| No one is "forced" to read anything posted on this newsgroup, by you, Me | or anybody else. I think Allot of people find these discussions | enlightening. ^^^^^^^^^ You misspelled "tedious".

HTH,

TK

-- Cogito ergo bibo

Reply to
TDKozan

No actually I think that quite a few of us who "read" this newsgroup are under the mistaken impression that it is about ROCKETRY! I for one have learned a great deal about the hobby from reading Jerry's posts and then searching out past information. He has more knowledge about this field than most of the others that I have listened too. I really hoped that there would be useful information on here about actually building rockets!!!! Now wouldn't that be quite a surprise to see. At least when I ask Jerry a question, he gives me a straight answer and points me in a direction to learn more. Most of the other folks in here seem more interested in turning any threads into useless drivel that has no bearing on the original topic. So the discussions (as you call them) don't add up to much IMHO. Hey Jerry, you want to start up a newsgroup that actually talks about rockets?

Bill Ellick

Reply to
Bill Ellick

You're reading Tesla? Shocking!

Who's this Jerry guy?

John

Reply to
John Stein

I have a webserver with unlimited bandwidth.

Wanna be a start-up sysop?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Haven't you heard? He's some kind of super-hero to the newbies around here. Invented rocketry or some such...

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Could you do me a favor and ask Jerry if he sells motors he builds without an LEMP? Does he report his income from these motor sales on his Form 1040? It's kind of a Catch-22 and the answer will be found.

Also ask him if the ATF has sent him a letter stating it's OK to manufacturer high power rocket motors without an LEMP.

Your help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Snapshot 5

Actually I think this LEMP thing is Jerry's Achilles heel. Notice he won't address the 2 specific questions about his manufacturing/selling of high power rocket motors and if he reports these sales on his Form

1040?

It may appear none of my business but I follow the rules the ATF has laid down. Jerry it appears has his own interpretation that could very well ruin it for us all.

JK

Reply to
Snapshot 5

Oh wow! I missed that. Do I have to start all over as a BAR since I probably broke some kind of government letter organizations rules?

John Stein

Reply to
John Stein

I would if I had the time for it. -22 here this morning with wind chill around -45 to -50 and I'm out working construction. Only reason I am home now is that everybody else abandoned the project around noon. So I figured that I might as well work on my Mars Snooper ideas and get some hot coffee in me!!!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Ellick

Yes. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler