Rocketry For The Retarded -- Now at Apogee!

There's some good stuff, some not so good. I've used most of it at one time or another. Much is dated and not tuned to available tools or student attitudes. (simple things, even the looks of a glider, can be important when competing against Halo and GTA for student time and interest.)

Gotta be hi-tech, quick results, instant feedback, and continually challenging. If I could actually make a curriculum like that, I'd....I'd...., well, I'd have a whole lot more free time, that's for sure. ;)

Reply to
Gary

All I get is a blank screen with a broken link symbol, then and now. ....... Ok, this is stupid. I just tried it with Netscape(had used IE before), and it gave me the open, save, etc. option. I saved it to my desktop, and went to open it. It couldn't find the application. I most have copied the Adobe reader to my other computer(setting up a new system). So, why didn't IE at least *tell* me it couldn't find the required application, and ask if I wanted to load it again? Geez...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Gee Gary

As an engineer by training and practice, I never lost my personal sense of wonder at why things work. Yes, an engineer is one who applies the "how do I make that concept solve my problem" thought process. That stated, I really wanted to address the closing point in your statement. I've strayed from posting here for a while as I found the "if you don't agree with me, you must me un-American" behavior distasteful. The only reason I'm stepping in now is to ask why would you discard Tim's resources, which have a lot to offer, over one rather odd editorial piece?

Al Gloer

Eldred, You might try downloading an earlier version of Adobe. I believe I had the same problem using Adobe 6.0(?) & had to remove it & go back to using 5.0. I was getting the blank screen just like you. Hope this works. DR

Reply to
Darian Rachal

Hmmmm, so my son has to stop his science project? That's not an option at this point after all the approvals. Work on the motor and airframe continue.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy