ROL NEWS--AeroTech Announces Certification of Three New Reload Kits

What are you afraid of? Maybe the BATFE?

I'll bet their looking for your address as we speak.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm sure that the DOT would like to know.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

NO! That was a Kosdon reloadable, designed and manufactured by Frank Kosdon, with no input from you or us rockets.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I thought the so-called "Kosdon reloadable" style motor _was_ originally designed by Jerry...?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

No, It was Frank 100%, jerry 0%

As with everything else, later jerry claimed credit.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm not surprised.

Reply to
Phil Stein

good Idea Bob, but wouldn't it only apply to TRA G model rocket?

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

No, it would also apply to F motors.

Bob Kaplow

And the new Ellis Mountain single use E12's.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

seems to me that the TRA should only be certing H and above motors or at least only HPR motors.... They have absolutely nothing to do with model rocketry in the first place but still they are certifying model rocket engines.... I don't quite understand that..... ANd why does certain motor manufacturers that make these model rocket engines go to TRA for cert instead of NAR in the first place? Is it Cheaper? Is it less restrictive?

Now don't anybody come to the aid of TRA by saying well then NAR should only cert model rocket motors and not HPR cause they are a model rocketry org...WRONG....80% of the adult NAR membership is Certed HPR ......

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Well, I don't see it as a problem, since any motor is certified for use by both associations if listed by either.... so the only difference is NAR contest certification.

It's been suggested that the contest issue could be fixed by authorizing any motor on the "combined list" for contest use if it meets the NAR availability requirements.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The reason some people let TRA certify MR motors is:

  1. TRA asks them to as a means to ascimilate model rocketry.

  1. They are already TRA "blessed" manufacturers so whatever motors they submit get certified.

Been there, done that.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

TRA is trying to assimilate model rocketry? what the heck does that mean? I do notice they have a Junior membership now, which I find strange, considering the fact that people under 18 cannot even purchase anything above an F engine which is traditionally considered a model rocket engine.

So enlighten me, what good is a TRA junior membership?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Don't you have anything better to worry about?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Enlighten me. What good is a NAR Junior Membership? Same deal.

Reply to
Phil Stein

The serious question would be is the TRA stand sensitive enough and properly calibrated to test an F or D or A motor on the same stand used to test M motors?

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Phil Stein

You think wrong then. The price of a Junior NAR membership includes a subscription to Sport Rocketry magazine. A junior member can save $12.00 if he/she joins as a family member of another NAR member who receives the magazine.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

I have tested motors from 1/16A TO WELL OVER S.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Direct revenue: membership

"Indirect revenue(gag)" HPR magazine.