ROL NEWS--AeroTech Announces Certification of Three New Reload Kits

Which they never did to ANY of the USR TRA tested model rocket motors.

Even when asked.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What's even worse is when you provide specific examples, those particular examples are instantly dismissed as invalid examples, without reason or basis of course.

ie "rejecting you".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Isn't Vulcan a former "consumer" motor supplier who still makes motors for "industrial" applications?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Who are you referring to?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What five manufacturers?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Jerry asked:

Because Dave said, "...nearly every manufacturer of solid rocket motors in this country..." We already know about you and Frank. Your customers are not motor manufacturers, and your "contractors" are unknown and unconfirmed.

So what other manufacturers of solid rocket motors in this country have cited the cert requirements as a reason for staying out of the consumer (hobby) rocket market?

How many real, established solid rocket motor manufacturers are there? Thiokol, Aerojet, who else? Do those folks even know, or care, that the hobby market exists? I doubt it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I agree.

You can call it bleating, but those government requirements are a fact whether you agree with them or not.

Are you suggesting that Jerry's whole problem is that he's waiting for TRA/NAR to lead him by the hand 'cause he can't figure out how to get his propellent tested and approved by DOT?

Seriously, I bet if you asked any manufacturer or would-be manufacturer, they'd tell you that the biggest obstacle to complying with DOT and ATF regs is the expense. That's something the orgs can't help them with. The most the orgs could do is lobby for reduced regulations on manufacturers, and right now their limited resources are tied up just trying to reduce the regs on consumers.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Dave,

Tell me EXACTLY which requirements are the ones that make existing manufacturers disinterested.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'm sure Jerry could share knowledge on the subject. ;-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Nope. Especially when it's those two.

Frank decided to to abide and let AT make reloads with his formulas. Since I haven't heard otherwise, it doesn't appear to be an issue to Frank.

Jerry is Jerry.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Maybe you mixed up the envepoples going to NAR & DOT. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

But why should he have to?

ATF exempt and DOT approved. What else matters?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

  1. Requiring ATF permits despite the clear fact they are ATF exempt.

start there.

  1. Requiring a specific entity to submit them. Allow anyone to submit them.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

According to the law it most certainly is.

When did TRA become superior to the law?

Especially for no particular reason?

Jerry

You disagreed above!!!!!!

You are a MORON.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The rules are the rules weather you like them or not. The only way they will change is from within the system. You are not within the system. There are a some (myself included) that would like to see you be approved but, I believe that you would rather bitch about it than actually do something about it.

No one held a gun to Frank's head. He chose to do what he did.

Reply to
Phil Stein

By illegally requiring ATF permits everyone including a judge agrees are not needed. Everyone except NAR and TRA of course.

Jerry

So why are YOU ignoring the FACTS in this message? Hmmm?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Completed assembled motors are exempt from needing a LEUP. I've never seen anything saying the manufacturer doesn't need one.

What specific entity must motors be submitted through?

Reply to
Phil Stein

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

  1. When I was in the system I tried to change it. The reply was over a decade of TRA fights with ATF.
  2. When I escalated my efforts to comply within the existing rules (ATF permit included), I was removed without basis, decertified without notice, and the rules were changed "as needed" to exclude me.
  3. Now I simply ask them to change the rules they obviously should in light of them PREVAILING in court. I am so unreasonable :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine