[Trolls} Received the holy grail and are silent

Not "potential" members, just a former member who was kicked out. And so far, it hasn't been shown that the clerk took this action on his own.

The clerk is merely stating the requirements. I've seen nothing to indicate that he is adding any requirements not endorsed by the BOD.

Reply to
raydunakin

If this isn't true, take it up with Bob. He said in this forum and in this thread, that NAR certified motors which are labeled as having a 9 second delay, even though the delay actually tested out to 6 seconds. That's more than the allowable level of variability. Or look at the motor data yourself, since you claim to be such a data-hungry tech dude. I'm not about to pay NAR nine bucks just to get their motor data.

raydunakin

He did; the BoD didn't know anything about it until Bob got me some info, which I then passed along to them.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

The only reason this person was ever kicked out of TRA was that he did his job, which pissed off Bruce Kelly...

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Turnover on the BoD in recent years has make them more tolerant. The current people listen and take the opinions of members into consideration.

Much of the negative you see on rmr is conjecture, people repeating hearsay and of course the malcontents. I stayed away from TRA for years. When I joined, I found out it's not so bad. Several people here on rmr have recently had the same experience. LDRS which is TRAs annual meeting is going on now. I'm expecting some more improvements to be instituted and announced at the meeting which is tonight.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Someone else went to a recent TRA launch, joined, and recertified on the field. His membership was refused by Kelly. I got this direct from the person, who happened to show up at a recent NIRA meeting.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Even discussing IZs ejection.

Refusing my "friend"s membership.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Actually one example of the exact opposite, where the BOD has been WAY too tolerant, to the financial detriment of its members:

Allowing HPR to continue as the "official" magazine while repeatedly not delivering what it's commited to. It's time to pull the plug, and either go with ER or find someone to produce a magazine as part of TRA. Members have subsidized HPR for WAY too long...

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

tounge ... Jerry ... dick

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

If you recall, that was the suggestion of several members including me. Do you think one BOD member can oveer rule the other 8? What's the big deal the BOD even considered a proposal vrom Jerry last year?

Reply to
Phil Stein

I was infavor of this. The BOD discusses all proposals. Even Jerry's. I could say that you and I just discussed it.

That is being worked on. As you said in a previous post, at this point it's up to the person to contact Ken Good to clarify a few things.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'm hoping this will be resolved at the meeting this evening. TRA has not been subsidizing HPR. HPR did receive payment for 4 issues before they were delivered. The four issues were later delivered without charge to TRA. After that, all funds collected for HPR started going directly to them when they were received. I hate what HPR & BK have done to TRA and the sooner that is behind us the better.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Poor iz.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'll buy that. All but one of the problem BOD members is gone. I'll admit I don't know most of the BOD any more, but the few I do know (other than Chuck) are good people. But HQ is still in Kelly's house...

Let's hope...

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

The motor i this case is the AT F39-9 reload, which ON THE PACKAGE indicates that the certified delay value is a 6. It's a bit confusing, but it is clearly spelled out.

It's no different than some TMT certified motors that are called H by the MFGR but certified as G or vice versa.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

And what "job" was that?

#
Reply to
raydunakin

Attention bob! Ray told a big fib.

Product labeling is the responsibility or the manufacturer, not S&T.

The tested and certified delay variability is within 20% of the certified average measured delay, as called for in the NFPA codes. most NAR S&T certification data sheets are freely available online in PDF form.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I meant to say TRA rather than TMT.

My impression was that there not enough of the newer BoD members to make a substantial, difference. I am pleased to read that "it is not so bad", and that there is hope for more improvements.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Don't be an idiot. If someone comes to the BOD and says there is cause to expell a member, the BOD _has_ to discuss it.

First off, that hasn't been settled yet. Secondly, on the one hand you say this was Kelly's action, now you say it's TRA's action. If Kelly did this without authority, it is not "TRA intolerance" and it will be corrected.

Reply to
raydunakin

That's for the members to decide, not you.

Reply to
raydunakin