[Trolls} Received the holy grail and are silent

When was the last time you were?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Why would anybody take the advice of a convicted felon?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

We are in agreement Product designations are the responsibility of the manufacturer.

Actually, delay might rank lower than other discrepancies. Consider a G motor miss designated by the manufacturers and sold to minors as an F, or a miss designated HPR motor sold as a MR motor. Then too while an A10-3t causes no real problems, the old FSI D18 did mislead consumers resulting in very bad flights. AS long as complete trustworthy motor certification data is available, I am less concerned about a manufacturer miss designating the product.

I cannot.

This would be a good place for Gary of AT to try and explain.

Interesting. I don't follow large motors that closely. However, the MR end of the industry has more naive consumers who are more easily misled by poor motor labeling.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

That's rich!!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I can wait a few hours and you'll post fresh examples.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I agree, the BoD can be thought "better" than in the past for a number reasons, foremost of which is constitution

but has a long way to go, as the wrongful, self-serving or arbitrary actions of the past remain standing to the present without challenge

transparency is still a long way off

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed [announce only]

Wait a minute here... I thought it was s'posed to be a mosaic not transparency?

Crap, now I'll have to rename my L2 bird....

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Mmmmm... Iz?

What makes you think it will ever be, or should be, transparent? What in law would make it so?

I hate to tell you this, but having been involved in several 501(c)3 corporations myself, the actual operations don't necessarily have to be 'fully' transparent, nor do they have to be voted on by the members, etc. Certain aspects of the operation must be, but others don't. I sat through the formation of one corporation where the folks creating it specifically went out of their way to ensure that things WEREN'T transparent, and it was all done legally (and for good reasons, though I was NOT one of those in favor of doing it that way).

Again, I believe the board is 'better than before'. I also don't believe that they have any interest in conforming to what any one (or even several) members may want. They MAY not have any interest (not that I believe this, this is a hypothetical) even if ALL members wanted that -- but then, the members would vote with their wallets and feet.

I come back to the point that as long as I believe the organization is making overall positive progress, it should be supported.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Name them.

If you quit looking through that mosaic things will clear up

Reply to
Phil Stein

WOW! I *NEVER* thought that would happen. I guess I'll see what else shakes out. There may yet be a light at the end of the tunnel!

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Have you tried to renew yet?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

"Transparency" is a rallying cry often used by malcontents who have nothing else of substance to support their position. So instead they attack the way the decision was made. We've been seeing this in local politics a lot lately, with one politician campaigning almost entirely on making the process "transparent" while offering no real solutions of her own. The way I see it, the only thing that matters is the result. As long as reasonable solutions and choices are made, how those decisions were arrived at is irrelevant.

Reply to
raydunakin

I told you things were improving. I really think we have a good bunch of people that are interested in doing the right thing.

I don't know of anything else quite as eath shattering that happened there.

Still no action on what to do about Iz. I thought they should get him a hunk but they said if they got one for Iz, they'd have to get Jerry one too. ;-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

TRA is a non-profit corporation under Alaskan statute, and is a 501c3 tax-exempt organization under IRS regulation

it is supported by member funds

it should conduct it's financial affairs in an honest and upright fashion, have its books audited by a Certified Public Accounting firm to validate that their financial reporting is performed consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP], and the so validated reports should be made accessible for member review without obstruction

for starters

for example ...

these in fact are available regardless of membership, on the Internet. No request, formal or otherwise, required

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed [announce only]

None of this has anything to do with regulation of rocketry, motor certs, etc. It's just another excuse to bash TRA.

That's their choice. If you prefer the way their org is run, feel free to join them and leave the rocketry orgs to the people who actually do rocketry.

raydunakin

Kaplow, are you really admitting that things may have changed? Isn't that step one in the 12 step process? You CAN break this obsession with TRA!

There are other things that have happened over the last few years or will happen, but aren't posted on RMR, because, to be honest, in case you've not noticed, some (non members) will rarely, if ever, acknowledge it as a good change, without labeling it something for the "transparent mosaic, labled as model airplane parts", with an undocumented delay"

Grasshopper... Sit back and listen, and don't be so ready to hop...There's much that has changed since you were with TRA...

Reply to
AZ Woody

I'm sure they will - when you get elected to the BOD.

Reply to
Phil Stein

At least we know for certain that is not the case WRT Tripoli. After all, there are several valid complaints:

HPR magazine endorsed by TRA for 1.5 decades all the time it was a "late or never" proposition, absorbing member money year after year.

A variety of certification foibles. Certifying motors that were never tested, certifying delays that were never tested, decertifying motors with no rule allowing it, endorsing field modifications of known defective motors (decertification required under the rules) with no recertification as required, demanding permits even the law does not require, etc.

And then we have the whole regulation writing via NFPA where the "sport rocket caucus" itself authored and adopted the very regs that killed the membership roles. Sounds more self-destructive than self-regulation to me.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Are you actually INCAPABLE of staying on topic?

I thought so.

Jerry

"TRA has "crippled" rocketry for decades, by failing to be honest in its operations, fair in its treatment of its constituency, and effective in its role as an advocacy."

- Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

"I was feeling badly that I was just wassting my time responding to Ray."

- Alan Jones

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The HPR crap is fixed did you miss that?

Your certification crap is nothing more than allegations.

You don't like NFPA so you thought shipping rocket motors are model aircraft parts would fix it? DOT sure got a laugh out of that. Did you pay that fine yet?

Reply to
Phil Stein