Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer re-release

Those of you who are interested likely already know this has been re-released with RAF and RN options in one box and that a foul up at the packing shop has all the parts for two full kits in one box for this first run of kits. I am wondering if anyone has seen the new decal sheet and can tell me if it is in fact new or if it is the same art printed on one sheet. I have several of the original RN and RAF kits and am wondering if there is anything new in the re-release. - Jack

Reply to
jwadetjpp

well i have seen the box, not inside but the side of the box shows the options....same as before it seems.

cant say on quality, often hit or miss for register.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Thanks Julian - I am also wondering if the quality of the plastic is any better; original release had soft grainy plastic.

Reply to
jwadetjpp

cant help on that. be nice to know if they cleaned it up. If i remember i will open one at the weekend.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

My copies were all warped to hell as well, a big problem I found with Airfix around this time. I might get around to building a straight one.... Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

all mine were perfectly straight................but i only had one

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

I dunno if it's a packing error, kind of hard to miss that, especially as there are both sets of instructions and both decal sheets. Can't tell you if they're the same options as before as mine are in the loft but I would guess so. You've got:

XT286 809NAS XV869 809NAS XV156 800NAS

426 24 Squadron SAAF

and

XX900 208 Squadron XX889 Gulf markings (Sky Pirates/Longmorn) XW530 12 Squadron

if that helps :-)

I was told by the guy at Hannants that they're not taking them out of the mold so quickly and that the warping issue is much reduced. I've now got 3 old ones and 2 new ones. We shall see :-)

Reply to
peter marshall