Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Neomega 1/48 Hawk 200 conversion
Anyone else done one of these yet? Any hints, tips or gotchas to share? Bestest, M.
2
2

Semi OT- Loudest jet ever?
After reading the Wyvern thread about how loud the Scimitar was, what's the loudest jet you've ever heard? Mine is an SR-71 at Edwards just before they went out of service. That shook the fillings in...
74
74

Removing AlClad
I may have to remove Alclad Chrome from plastic (I messed up on the airbrush psi, and have 'fish eyes'). This has the black base. What is the best way to remove this? The finishes are relatively...
4
4

U.S.S. Forrest Sherman kit-the old Revell one?
With a new Burke-class DDG being christened Forrest Sherman, are there any of the old Revell kits of the first ship to carry the name? I don't build many ships, mainly aircraft, but this is a ship...

Italeri BH compressor (50210?)
I got one of these thinking it would be enough (and paid a lot for it). I also got the gauge for it. The problem with it is that when I plug it into the Aztek airbrush and turn it on, it doesn't go...

Missing instructions for Revell 39134 compressor
Hi I have just bought a Revell 39134 compressor (actually, mine is branded as an Omega SA-15 but I understand them to be the same model) but it was sold 'as-is' and came without box or instuctions....
2
2

Review: Grabhandler - new tool from Mission Models
I have just put a review of the new Grabhandler tool from Mission Models on my web site. The tool is designed to easily and quickly create grab handles for your models, but has many more uses than...
7
7

Steve Zaloga's Olive Drab article
In a 2002 issue of Military Modelling, Steve Zaloga discussed the different shades of Olive Drab. Can anyone tell me which issue it was? Thanks, mark
2
2

Factory NMF--shiny or dull?
Three part question--1. Was factory natural metal finish shiny, dull, somewhere in between? I know on restored aircraft it's polished to a nice gloss which looks great in pictures, but.... What did...
8
8

Ding Hao P-51B
Is the letter outlining yellow or red? I have CAM decals which outline in yellow, but have seen prints/artwork where it is red. Also, is it the normal canopy or Malcolm hood?
6
6

DECALS FOR 48 TFW RAF LAKENHEATH
hi folks, can anyone help point my mouse in the right direction for finding decals for any of the following aircraft, F84G'S F100D F111'S F-4D'S and F-15E'S or show me where I can find deatailed...
12
12

Russian B-29 Kits?
I think seeing a B-29 in Russian regalia would be very interesting. Are there any kits of the TU-4 besides the Corgi kit? TF
19
19

Printer for decals
I just picked up an HP color laser printer the other day. I know I've heard much discussion about using an ALPS or inkjet printer to make decals but would a good color laser printer work on decal film...
4
4

humbrol colors
Another question ... My current model suggest I use Humbrol paints, however the Humbrol colors it refers to apparantly no longer exist. My color charts don't give any reference to identical colors by...
1
1

Tamiya AS8 USN Navy Blue discontinued
OK, Found out this is discontinued and looking for an appropriate replacement for my corsair. Can anyone offer some advice on this please? It doesn't have to be a spray....I need an excuse to spend...
6
6

Stinson Reliant model ?
I'm trying to locate a model of the Stinson Reliant in either 1/72 or 1/48. Has any ever been produced? If so, does anyone want to part with one? There's a 1944 1:1 in a nearby hangar that I'd like to...
5
5

Stagecoach question - Glass Windows?
am building the Lindberg Concord Stagecoach. I figure they would not last very long as they gave a very rough ride, but did they ever have glass windows? Or were the drop down curtains the only thing...
13
13

Paragon Stuff For Sale
I've got the following items from Paragon Designs for sale. If interested please reply via e-mail. All prices are in USD and don't include shipping. I'm located in Canada. Paragon 1/48 A-6/EA-6 Flaps...

UH-34D Choctaw/ Seahorse
Hello Guys, I have this uncontrolable urge to do a hi vis U.S. Navy UH-34D or J Seahorse. I bought a Revell UH-34D, and I'd like to do the kit justice, however I need references to start. Where can I...
1
1

[Q] Badger 100 needle questions
I'm currently using a Badger 100 LGXF. I plan to get a larger spray head.. was wondering how large the spray from a medium or large head will get. In addition, what are the differences in the 3 needle...
2
2