Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ESCI/AMT/Ertl C-130 - How accurate it is?
Hello everybody! I just bought old ESCI Hercules C.MK.I/II and I wonder how accurate it is. How does it compare to Italeri kit? What should I update if I want to make VXE-6 LC-130R. I know about...
16
16

Airbrush adapters for Porter Cable compressor
Group, I have a Badger 200 airbrush used for scale models. For the last few years I have been using Testor's propellants but as one knows the cost can add up quickly. I went to buy a Testor's mini...
8
8

ARM: Review - 5 Star Models (Jadar) 1/35 scale 2S6M Tunguska
Kit Review: 5-Star Models (Jadar) 1/35 Scale Resin Kit Number 35001; 2S6M "Tunguska" Soviet SP Air Defense System; 263 parts (203 parts in hard tan resin, 58 etched brass, 2 sections of heavy twisted...

Old Pactra Color Chart???
Does anyone have, or know where to find, an Old Pactra color chart? These are the small 1/3 oz. square bottles, and have numbers and names like: IU89 Light Grey IJ21 Grey IV3 Grey IG11 Dark Grey IG12...
6
6

Help!!! Which F-15 is Little Einstein's Big Jet?
Hello aviation enthusiasts, I'm not a regular reader of these groups but I'm desperate to find out some info on an F-15 model. My 4-year-old son watches Disney's Little Einsteins show, which has a...
10
10

SOLID WOOD SCALE MODEL AIRPLANE KITS
Hi Everyone: I have started making "solid wood scale model airplane KITS" like they were 60 years ago. Oviously this is a small operation with one aim: To show modellers today that these models are...
3
3

Paint blobs still?
I recently bought a moisture trap for my compressor and tried painting while it was raining outside. I still get a paint blob after a few hours of painting. What's the deal with this? the moisture...
11
11

Resin kits vs normal plastic kits?
Recently I was browsing through kits on an internet store and I have noticed something like 'resin' kits. They are roughly three times the price of an ordinary revell kit! I am wondering what makes...
7
7

Re: 1/48 scale German Bomber Pilots...
Hecker and Goros make some outstanding ones: http://www.redlancers.com/minilistout.asp?subcat=1153 Andrea, as well: http://www.redlancers.com/minilistout.asp?subcat=519 And...perhaps you could use,...
5
5

Alclad versus Testors Metalizers
OK guys, put on your collective thinking caps for this one. I am about to paint several A/C in aluminum plate and I'm at a quagmire as to what type of metalizer to use. By the way, this will be my...
11
11

Cutting Edge 1/48 PB4Y Privateer Release News
Check out the latest pricing and release news on this impressive conversion from Cutting Edge on Cybermodeler Online Welcome to the Internet's most popular hobby and general scale modeling online...

10 free subscriptions to RC Micro World
are giving away 10 free subscriptions courtesy of RC Micro World to their on-line magazine, for more details see this thread luck!! Scale Models Forums...

Verlinden Swastika Template Question
How can you place a metal template against the fin of an aircraft model and have it be flush enough to not feather out when painting? With curves, rivets and panel lines I don't see how to get around...
5
5

US Navy/Marines Oshkosh MB1 and MB5 fire tenders
I'm looking for the overall dimensions of these fire crash trucks for a scratchbuilding project. Oshkosh, Inc., said they have no time to research their archives. Can someone help me? At bottom of...

PB4Y-2 Privateer in 1/48!!! Check out this conversion!
Check out the MAJOR conversion set coming soon from Cutting Edge. We have a preview at Cybermodeler Online ( Figures. I'm halfway through cutting out my Koster vac-formed pieces :-( John Figures. I'm...
4
4

Ordering spare parts for Fine Molds kits?
Hi, A combination of Tamiya spray and the masks FM provide with their Star Wars kits have stuffed my Tie Intercepter's front transparency... does anyone know how to obtain a replacement part from Fine...
2
2

Unstable Paint Flows on My Airbrush
I am new to airbrush painting, so I bought cheap single action Badger airbrush with propellant cans sort for testing it out. The whole package only costed me $35 or so. I found that my paint flow is...
2
2

Neomega 1/48 Hawk 200 conversion
Anyone else done one of these yet? Any hints, tips or gotchas to share? Bestest, M. Hi Matt, Take a look over at ARC, someone posted photos of built up kit a while back : have got one of these...
2
2

Semi OT- Loudest jet ever?
After reading the Wyvern thread about how loud the Scimitar was, what's the loudest jet you've ever heard? Mine is an SR-71 at Edwards just before they went out of service. That shook the fillings in...
74
74

Removing AlClad
I may have to remove Alclad Chrome from plastic (I messed up on the airbrush psi, and have 'fish eyes'). This has the black base. What is the best way to remove this? The finishes are relatively...
4
4