OT but interesting

While flicking thru the music channels, saw a great pop video by Mcfly, not my cup of tea but........

The band are on colourd sprues in bits, moving a bit, also blown up on instruction sheets moving and then fitted together, box says with rodie and groupies. decal sheet too. guitair, amps etc

Box is Tamiya, stands out like a sore thumb and inst sheet shows there funny shaped paint sybol

v good video, maybe find a online sample/demo well worth checking out

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

That's too funny! I'll check that out. cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Saw it on The Hits at the weekend - flick through music channels - there are only 2!

Reply to
Martin

wasnt on my usual list of pop channels, i go for sloppy slove or the 70 and

80's i have a choice of about 15-20
Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Since I get my Digital TV free and have open choice in decoders* - ie no cable or knobbled Murdoch box I get 2 Music channels

TMF and The Hits - BARB 1 and 2 in ratings for all music channels.

I'm it was The Hits I saw that video - very clever indeed

  • Sony one indside the TV and a Pace Hard Disk recorder
Reply to
Martin

i stick to VH1 etc and Magic, i like the oldie stuff

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Okay, I'd like to get my digital cable free too. I don't feel like buying a digital tv at the moment; what's a murdoch box? Which end of the planet are we talking? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Presumably a reference to Rupert Murdoch. He is the Australian guy that runs Sky TV and 'owns' satellite TV here in the UK. If you want digitial you either have some free to air digital channels which are mostly BBC etc. or you need to pay Murdoch every month.

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Ah, Murdoch, the fellow who brought sleaze-TV to the USA. I wouldn't touch FOX with a cattle prod.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

at least that friends drivel is gone. one more overheard conversation about it would send me r'nring.

Digital TV in UK

1) Terrestrial Digital AKA Freeview Fully open, 5 PVRs, lots of IDTVs, no forced designs

  • are quite good

Free to air, about 30 channels BBC1,2,3,4,News24,Cbeebies,CBBC,Parliament all but parliament* ITV 1*,2,3 C4* C5* The Music Factory* The Hits* ABC1*

Reply to
Martin

UK - DTTV is Free!!

Reply to
Martin

Hey! I thought it was Jerry Springer! And he's on a bunch of the local channels, not just Fox!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey