searching for Waterloo reference book

Not just any book, though, but a specific book. My stepfather used to have one, but when he left, the book went with him. The book is a fairly large, almost square hardback, and had colour plates inside it of the various uniforms and such, but also of parts of the panorama painting that can be found at the site of the battle. Problem is, I can't remember the title and author of the book, and since the title is fairly generic, the search for the book is looking hopeless. A picture of the book also appeared on the back cover of a Historex catalog.

Can anyone help to identify this book?

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Are you thinking of the books by Liliane and Fred Funken. I found the following on the web

8669 Funken, Lilane and Fred L'UNIFORME ET LES ARMES DES SOLDATS DU 1ST EMPIRE Two volume set covers all the armies of the major participants, and the French allies. Hundreds of color illusts. 2 vol, 312 pgs 1968 PARIS, CASTERMAN GOOD-hardcover .....$48.00

I used to have these two books. They are in French but have coloured illustrations of both French and other combatants uniforms.

The link is

David

Reply to
David Pennington

There was an excellent book produced at the same time as the film "Waterloo". It was put together by the guy who supervised the costumes. I think his name was Ugo Pericoli. HTH.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Great books (and on my bookshelf), but unfortunately not the one I'm looking for.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

The name doesn't ring any bells, but I'll look into it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel