searching for Waterloo reference book

Not just any book, though, but a specific book. My stepfather used to have
one, but when he left, the book went with him. The book is a fairly large,
almost square hardback, and had colour plates inside it of the various
uniforms and such, but also of parts of the panorama painting that can be
found at the site of the battle. Problem is, I can't remember the title
and author of the book, and since the title is fairly generic, the search
for the book is looking hopeless. A picture of the book also appeared on
the back cover of a Historex catalog.
Can anyone help to identify this book?
Thanks
Rob
Reply to
Rob van Riel
Are you thinking of the books by Liliane and Fred Funken. I found the following on the web
8669 Funken, Lilane and Fred L'UNIFORME ET LES ARMES DES SOLDATS DU 1ST EMPIRE Two volume set covers all the armies of the major participants, and the French allies. Hundreds of color illusts. 2 vol, 312 pgs 1968 PARIS, CASTERMAN GOOD-hardcover .....$48.00
I used to have these two books. They are in French but have coloured illustrations of both French and other combatants uniforms.
The link is
David
Reply to
David Pennington
There was an excellent book produced at the same time as the film "Waterloo". It was put together by the guy who supervised the costumes. I think his name was Ugo Pericoli. HTH.
Reply to
Les Pickstock
Great books (and on my bookshelf), but unfortunately not the one I'm looking for.
Rob
Reply to
Rob van Riel
The name doesn't ring any bells, but I'll look into it.
Rob
Reply to
Rob van Riel