Siskin

I'm looking for a model kit of the inter-war RAF aircraft called Armstrong-Siddely Siskin which was the RAF's first all metal fighter plane. This biplane's colour scheme was quite attractive and rather typical of the RAF's fashion at the time and this has made me want to model it. I know that Matchbox brought out a 1/72 model of the Siskin in the 1970s, but I'm wondering if anybody has brought out a more recent kit, and preferbly in

1/48 scale.
Reply to
Haydn Foulkes

FWIW The only 1/48 scale Siskin I know of is the Aero-Club vac-u-form. It's a real nice effort where vacs are concerned, but I realize that vac-u-forms are not everyone's "cup of tea".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

In message , Haydn Foulkes writes

Hi Haydn, Aeroclub make one, you can order on line direct from them at

1/48 AW SISKIN KIT

Vac-form with detail parts in white-metal Decals for 29 and 32 Sqns RAF

Price (Ex.): £13.19 Price (Inc.): £15.50

Reply to
Dave Swindell

The matchbox Sisken was one of their best efforts-very well detailed, although the decals are probably getting old by now.

Reply to
Tom Cervo