Squadron Turns 40!

Wow!! 40 years of Squadron Mail Order. There are some really good deals in this flyer. If January is any indication of how the rest of the year will be in regards to specials, I'm going to be a lot poorer by the end of it. How many of you have been a member since the beginning?

Reply to
LabelMaker

I do remember going to the Squadron Shop when they had a brick and mortar building in the Detroit area. Late 70s early 80s.

Reply to
JLEJONES

I remember ordering from the old Warbirds shop in Detroit up through January 1968 and then from Squadron Shop later on that year. I always thought one was the successor to the other (in spirit it was) but Jerry Campbell pointed out some time ago that was not the case, just same city and same business.

Ordered from them all the way through Vietnam and then hit the brick and mortar one in Silver Spring in 1971 after I got married. Roy Dwyer (RIP) was one of the best advertisements for Squadron up until the transposed shop in Wheaton closed.

Still order from them several times a year.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Been to that one, and used to hang in the one at the corner of Rt 83 and

64 in Elmhurst, Ill. Or is that more Villa Park?..
Reply to
Rufus

Don't think I ordered anything from them until the late '80s. That's around the time the wife left and I could do things with my money I wasn't allowed to before. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Maybe Heathkit? I put together a couple of their gizmos when I was a kid, a friend of mine actually built an organ and a couple of color television sets out of their catalogue. Other jolks I knew and worked with had high praise for their build-yourself stereo equipment. Why did ~they~ fold up?

Reply to
The Old Man

no, i got their stuff, too. i'm thinking olson electronics if anyone can verify. they had all kinds of cool stuff. from ne transistors toys to old army electronics. i'll google around.

Reply to
someone

someone

and look where that got you. double :-)