Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Any reviews yet for the big Lindberg Japanese subs?
I cancelled my order earlier for both subs out of a financial panic and inability to justify 10 feet of sub models entering the house.... but dang the idea of 10 feet of subs is getting to me again....
1
1

Cutting Edge Me 262 Flight Controls Tamiya vs DML
Here's my quandry. I have the 1/48 Cutting Edge resin flight control set for the DML/Dragon Me 262. I also have the Tamiya Me 262. Do I sell the resin and try to find find the same set designed for...

OT: Old coloring books, aircraft as subjects Q.
Anyone around here collect old coloring books by chance? The reason I'm asking is back in the early '70s, not long after my dad started flying & therefore got my aviation interests going, I remember...
3
3

Where to find the Ship Modeling FAQ
Archive-name: models/ships/faq Posting-Frequency: 10 days Last-modified: 28 October 2008 This is the POINTER to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on ship modeling. The FAQ itself is longer posted...

DIY transfers - Anyone had experience?
Friend's kid has trouble sleeping, needs a night light. Since I was a nipper I have always fancied building a Space Base. The plan is to build one with 'night light' mode (anto-collision lights on...
2
2

Problems with DHL
So I won a couple of resin Bird models of Luft '46 aircraft a while back. The maker, one Rudolf Vogel of Germany, made the kits only after I won the auction (annoying in its own right) and on 1...
9
9

An On-Topic Gift for Someone Who Has Everything
's like the ultimate reference material! Maybe we could pool some money together? Anyone live near an airport that could land the 747 delivery? Our local puddlehopper pad won't.
14
14

Tall Tail Buff Sighting
Yesterday afternoon at work I was very surprised to see a tall tail B-52 parked on the ramp at Travis AFB. It was in the modern ACC colors of overall dark gray (FS 595 36118). Where the heck did this...
7
7

Extremely OT: A Gift for someone who has everything
sorry Rufus, not available in the UK...maybe they will come out with a Haggis scent or something Craig
5
5

WWI 1/72 Assistance Needed
I've been delving deeply into WWI subjects in 1/72 scale for a new book. I have tons of material, especially box art, but I need help in some of the subject matter. Aircraft and aircraft accessories...

Tubing
Need a source for 1/32 (.032) tubing for gun barrels any idea where i can get some
2
2

Vought XF5U-1
Anybody have a source for color photos for the XF5U-1 Flying Pancake? I have a lot of b/w photos, but no color. TIA Tom
6
6

Future cracks (eats) plastic and putty ?!?
Hello, I am using Future (floor polish) for long time on models with great satisfaction... My recent project is Fokker EIII by Flashback (old Eduard I guess) - an old kit with some rough plasticsof...
16
16

Where to find the Ship Modeling FAQ
Archive-name: models/ships/faq Posting-Frequency: 10 days Last-modified: 28 October 2008 This is the POINTER to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on ship modeling. The FAQ itself is longer posted...

Kit instructions online
If there's a pdf symbol in the "Model" column, there's a full set of instructions that can be downloaded--usually RoG or Eduard. realtime.at - Domain gecatcht
1
1