Gorre and Daphetid

How much can you blowup one of those digital pictures before you can readily see the pixelization? How many frames/second can they do?

I have both and I have to keep dropping back to real film for those reasons.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Paul, you seem to be talking two different things, are you talking still digital pictures or are you talking digital video?

Digital video (moving images) are still limited to just over PAL/NTSC resolution and about 30 FPS. Here, film is still far ahead what with 70mm and IMAX.

I was talking still photography. I have seen some shots taken with the new 5 and 6 megapixel cameras and they are awesome, With a 6 megapixel, I have seen them blown up to 5' or 6' for murals and the quality is still amazing.

Reply to
Will

Will's command of English is only average - after all, he's a Canadian(TM).

Reply to
Mark Newton

Moose rooter, you're such an accomplished student of human nature that you're incapable of distinguishing between a cranky, foul-mouthed youth and a cranky foul-mouthed old fart. Or understanding the difference between can't, and won't. Goodonyer!!!!

Reply to
Mark Newton

You're so sensitive about intemperate language, moose rooter. Do you not have swearing in Canadia(TM)???

Reply to
Mark Newton

I have a Pentax K-1000 and I am dileriously happy with it. I use Pentax and Takumar lenses. It does < e x a c t l y > what I tell it to do. I get photos that look exactly the way I want them to.

Is there more?

......................F>

Reply to
Froggy

I still use a 286 laptop as a ASCII word processor - it has outlasted the 486 laptop I bought new to replace it.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

A guy at the LHS uses a 3.1 Mpixel and blows them up to 8.5X11 glossies with no problem at all. He's now looking a 6.something megapixel, and he figures he can probably go 10X20 without a hitch.

Jay Back in action once again

Reply to
JCunington

Fill the case with concrete, attach 50 feet of chain or rope, and call it a boat anchor.

Jay Back in action once again

Reply to
JCunington

Waste of good cement! *8-D

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

"Paul Newhouse" <

Hey, the theatre I work in still uses an Apple IIe for a lighting board, thanks to a cheapskate provincial government's education ministry.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Give him time. You didn't put a time limit on responses.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

"Roger T." skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@grapevine.islandnet.com...

The last I heard Nasa was still using Amiga computers for guiding satellites..... a1000's too! Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

I still use my 1963 Pentax SV, only problem is the coupled lightmeter has karked and I have to use a separate one, which in many instances produces better results.

Alan in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8 VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address

Reply to
alan200

Never saw or heard of any when I was there. They do seem to have become the dumping ground for SGI equipment though.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Beowulf ( snipped-for-privacy@swipnet.se) wrote: : : The last I heard Nasa was still using Amiga computers for guiding : satellites..... a1000's too! :

NASA is still using Modcomp minicomputers for Shuttle launches...

NASA Kills 'Wounded' Launch System Upgrade at KSC

"By John Kelly FLORIDA TODAY

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Five years behind schedule and expected to go $300 million over budget, Kennedy Space Center's plan to upgrade its 1970s-era launch computers is now another example that NASA Administrator Sean O'Keefe is not bluffing about financial accountability.

NASA killed the Checkout Launch and Control System project Tuesday, citing missed deadlines and bloated spending. Despite all of the extra time and money, an independent review by NASA headquarters found the project would fall far short of its promised cost savings..."

--Jerry Leslie Note: snipped-for-privacy@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

Reply to
leslie

Having done work that had to satisfy the Food & Drug Administration, I could believe it. After what they went through with the Mars Lander fiasco a few years ago, I can only imagine the headaches that would be caused by updating and certifying that software. When hundreds of millions of dollars of hardware depends on it, and it works, don't mess with it.

Jay Back in action once again

Reply to
JCunington

We have a saying down here in Dixie Jay:

"If it ain't broke---don't fix it!"

I think everyone can understand that, why can't they learn it?

Reply to
Froggy

Salvé

In Tring (England) they had an old pump a beam engine no less that pumped the town water for 200 years, they moved it out of the elegant little building (Georgian with massive windows so you could see the beam rocking) to the Science museum in London where it works daily for every one to enjoy, Tring on the other hand got a new pump....which broke down shortly after being installed, I always wondered why they changed a supremely succesful machine for a bit of modrn crap that wil have to be rplced after a couple of years rather than 200....... Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Search me brother, but it happens every day.

Reply to
Froggy