Gorre and Daphetid

Perhaps there was a consultant involved. You know the sort of thing - "modern, user-friendly, cost effective, world's best practice..." - or some other such bullshit.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Mark Newton the expert does not have a layout worth showing, hence his need to insult.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

D'ya suppose what's slowing him down is trying to do it with DC cab control?

Reply to
Steve Caple

But you know, Terry, Mark is doing it the right way.

  1. He lives in a corner of the world where not many want to go. Up here in Canada, Qantas has reduced its rates, it is now cheaper to go to Australia for two weeks than either California or Jamaica. The rates were lowered to attract tourists to Australia.

  1. He does not have a website and claims he either can't or doesn't know how to post pictures to a Forum or even a binary group.

  2. Makes sure his posting puts forth such an antisocial tone that no one would want to visit him.

So the bottom line is, he has worked it so no one believes him and no one wants to go to his home/apartment to see for them selves. Think of it Terry, if either you or I or anyone knew that we never had to prove what we claim, we might do the same as Mark. Actually, no I would not, I am basically an honest person and I would feel bad if I mislead someone. One theory about the difference between Canadians and Australians, Canada was a free hold colony, Australia was a Penal colony. A different type of people went to each. I had thought that theory was nonsense, that is until I ran across Mark, he gives validation to the theory.

Reply to
<Will

Terry, good news I have found a prototypical RR that Mark can model:

Check out the "History" page.

"The narrow-gauge (42") Portage Railway, only 1 1/8 miles long, was designed around two tiny seven-ton four-wheel (0-4-0) saddle-tank wood-burning steam locomotives.....Passenger service was provided by two coaches.....To handle the large volume of freight, lumber and tanbark the Portage Railway had two box cars and three flatcars......."

At only 5940', the HO mainline would be 68' long. Of course with a single mainline and a manual turntable at each end, and a total of 2 locos and 7 rolling stock, it would be far too boring for the average modeler, however, Mark has continually said he does not get bored with operations. So here is a small line for Mark's.......

Just trying to help. LOL

Reply to
<Will

And this is meant to concern me? Do you REALLY think I could care less whether Canadians(TM) visit Australia? What a conceited prick you are, to be sure. If no Canadians(TM) were to ever visit Australia again, I doubt we'd even notice. Mind you, we barely notice them now, as they are almost always assumed to be Americans.

You do have a comprehension problem, apart from anything else you suffer from. I have made neither claim, rather that I CAN'T BE BOTHERED. Not can't, not don't know how, but WON'T. Can you get your palsied head around that idea?

In my part of the world, the foregoing would be be regarded as no more than friendly banter. You Canadians(TM) sure are refined and delicate - are you all poofters?

Oh, you got me there. That's cut me to the quick, that has. Only thing is, my family didn't migrate to Australia until the 1970s, by which time anyone could come here, even Canadians(TM).

Reply to
Mark Newton

Most posters to this group are happy to tell us about their modelling achievement. When you are asked to do so you refuse to. Of the alleged nine in your group, only you are here on the news group. Therefore publish or perish. Marks posts about model railways to date are worthless, nothing of relevance.

I would use the term juvenile, in your personal attacks on competent modellers who post here. Mark Newton does not have a clue about maturity.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

(snip)

It's just gone 9.00 am, and the bludging bastard is hard at work, as usual.

Reply to
Mark Newton

They ARE Americans Mark

You will see that North America contains these countries along with some others: Greenland Canada Cuba USA Mexico Belize Guatemala In addition there is also South America, which contains many more.

So then, anyone from any of these countries is an American by geographical definition. I know the difference between Cane Toads, Cockroaches and Mexicans. Maybe you should learn the difference between Canuks and Merkins

Reply to
Froggy

Abolutely. I should have been more specific and written "citizens of the United States of America".

Cheers.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Asked? If this's your idea of asking, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of your whining demands - oh, never mind.

But since you raise the subject, what are your recent modelling achievements? You've had the same old crappy photos of the same old crappy models on your crappy old webpage for AGES now - when are you going to put some more recent efforts up? Or a trackplan? I have no doubt that the standard of your draughting will be as high as everything else you do...

Reply to
Mark Newton

Canuks can play hockey and drink beer....

Reply to
Alan Gilchrist

We'll settle for "United Statesicans"...

Don't bother to reply via email...I've been JoeJobbed.

Reply to
Jeff Sc.

Maybe that's his problem; he's a _merkin_ (no capital).

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

RED LETTER DAY!

MARK NEWTON HAS AGREED WITH ANOTHER POSTER!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Whether for good or ill, it must be noted that Mark is ~not~ most posters...

Jeff Sc. BTW, Ga.

Don't bother to reply via email...I've been JoeJobbed.

Reply to
Jeff Sc.

Froggy@The Pond.com wrote to Mark, for unfathomable reasons:

Oh, good grief... :-)

Reply to
John Miller

That's easy. Canucks have better manners, unless they're French Canucks and think you're one of "les anglaises". (I do speak from personal experience on that one)

Jay Back in action once again

Reply to
JCunington

Grow up mark, act your age. This is not a group about personal attack and swearing. Look at the heading.

Reply to
Terry Flynn