Gorre and Daphetid

YES!!!!!

Reply to
Jeff

There not posting, but those with layout's have published, unlike yourself. They don't want to waste time responding to a story teller who cannot tell us about his HO layout, or about his mates layouts. Prove you have a HO layout as opposed to nothing other than a collection of RTR HO models.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

The count is more than 2, foul mouthed broom pusher. Why wont you tell us about your HO layout?

Reply to
Terry Flynn

I wish Mark would leave Australia, Canada sounds far enough away for me.

You cant be bothered yet you are bothered to reply to numerous posts. We know the reason, no detail of your layout here means no layout worth talking about.

In this part of the world is it considered ill mannered foul mouthed libellous slander.

Which shows a grave error on Australia's part. The strongest argument against immigration is you might end up with a Mark Newton living near by.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

All the black locomotives are Samhonsa Brass. The 2-8-0 was an excellent runner out of the box but needed its wheel back to back adjusted. I did this by machining the back of the wheels. The 4-6-0 locomotive has had its side rods rebushed due to under designed narrow siderods and a new motor. That's a result of running trains. The 4-8-2 was a poor runner out of the box due to the120 degree positioning of the crank pins and excessive sideplay in the side rods and driving axles. Sideplay was removed by using KD fibre washers, by cutting a quadrant out of these, they can be installed with out pulling the model apart. The side rod slop was easily fixed by using the plastic sleeves from a KD packet of couplers, I forget the no. Now the model runs much better, however it could be improved by tightening the clearances in the side rod bearings. As this is a big job, I will wait until it wears out some more. This model has working centre cylinder valve gear. The HO green

4-6-2 is a bit of everything. It has a Japanese brass mech and tender, new can motor, Korean Brass valve gear and a lima body, with white metal streamlining.
Reply to
Terry Flynn

Salvé

wow! I try anything like that and my loco's try to become kangaroos....... or aeroplanes..... beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

What part of the world - the sheltered shady groves of academia? You ought to get out in the real world once in a while, jafa, and see how real people burp, fart and swear.

Mind you, the very idea of YOU criticising someone for being ill-mannered, that's rich.

Reply to
Mark Newton

I think what you and I are forgetting Terry is that in any country there are "classes" which naturally form. While I am from the upper middle class in Canada, I hazard a guess that you are from a similar group in your country. Mork on the other hand, by his actions and his own admission is from a lesser class and as such, his manners and lack of mastery of the language are common place among his peers. The fact that you or I would not voluntarily socialize with Mork or his peers is another matter.

Reply to
<Will

Poor old Will, you're having quite a run of outs lately. For a bloke who is a self-proclaimed student of human nature, you don't know much. You certainly know SFA about Australians.

Flynn is not by any stretch of the imagination upper middle class. Upper middle class lads of his era went to university to study for engineering degrees. They did not become apprenticed to the Navy and become technical officers.

As for your risible claims about class, is it typical of upper middle class Canadians to rely on their parents to buy them Bachmann train sets at the age of 50? When exactly do you think you'll be able to afford to buy them for yourself?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Actually, I was extremely rude with my statement above. I don't know what comes over me most of the time. I am just a rude bloke and I don't seem to be able to help myself. Please forgive me of my rudeness.

Reply to
Mark Newton

I don't believe it, A touch of humanity from Mark.... There might be hope for the boy yet.

Reply to
<Will

I could access neither. Error message. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE

Railpage down again, no doubt.

Try these.

Mark Newton

Firstly expert, none of the links above work. Are these just more claims of Marks, some one else's work, Mark claims all credit. You have not a clue about engineering drawing Newton. You are unqualified in the area of Engineering design drawing.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Railpage down again, no doubt.

Try these.

> Are these just more claims of Marks, some one else's work, Mark > claims all credit. You have not a clue about engineering drawing > Newton.

On the contrary, I know quite a bit about it.

Wrong again.

Now then, let's see yours

Reply to
Mark Newton

Something wrong here Mark. All three links result in an error as follows: Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster Error 404

Reply to
<Will

Bruce Favinger

Funny that, coming from a bloke who brazenly claims the credit for "Bylong". When that layout is mentioned in AMRM, it is ALWAYS attributed to Ray Pilgrim, NEVER to Terry Flynn. If you DO have trophies awarded to it at your place, it would only be because you bunged on such a tantrum you were given them to keep you quiet. That, or you stole them.

Spoken to Dave Morris yet about the design for the 7mm S truck???

What an extraordinary thing to write. Remind me, when DID I send you a copy of my resume?

But since you claim knowledge of my qualifications, perhaps you can explain away the three years I was employed by Siemens-Plessey Pacific Defence Systems at Faraday Park, producing technical documentation for Project Raven - HF/VHF Tactical Field Radio - all to Def.Aust.5629????

I've forgotten more about engineering drawing than you ever knew.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Funny that, coming from a bloke who brazenly claims the credit for "Bylong". When that layout is mentioned in AMRM, it is ALWAYS attributed to Ray Pilgrim, NEVER to Terry Flynn. If you DO have trophies awarded to it in your possession, it would only be because you bunged on such a tantrum you were given them to keep you quiet. That, or you stole them.

Spoken to Dave Morris yet about the design for the 7mm S truck???

What an extraordinary thing to write. Remind me, when DID I send you a copy of my resume?

But since you claim knowledge of my qualifications, perhaps you can explain away the three years I was employed by Siemens-Plessey Pacific Defence Systems at Faraday Park, producing technical documentation for Project Raven - HF/VHF Tactical Field Radio - all to Def.Aust.5629????

I've forgotten more about engineering drawing than you ever knew.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Yes, Railpage seems to be having conniptions again.

So I've posted the images to another site. The Bridge Street yard rendering and trackplan are at:

The trackplan of our first exhibition layout, the Kreis Kreibethaler Bahn in HOe, is at:

And, a rough pencil sketch of what we are planning to do with our old HO US prototype layout is at:

This new layout will incorporate parts of the previous layout, as well as re-using structures. After our renovations are complete, it will be erected in what was formerly a partially enclosed verandah/sunroom. This room is quite lengthy, but relatively narrow, hence the linear style of layout. The visible portion will be 21' long by 2'6" wide, and be fed at both ends by traverser staging yards.

One of the structures that will see the light of day again is the freight house, which is based on the DT&I's house in Ironton, Ohio. The model is currently in store, but will shortly be resurrected and titivated. In the interim, a prototype photo is at:

Unlike the usual practice, the model was not selectively compressed, but instead was lengthened to accomodate 8 40' boxcars alongside the loading platform. Another 8 cars can be stowed in the adjacent siding, on the prototype these would be accessed via bridgeplates between the cars. One of my pet hates are layouts where the industries are smaller than the cars they are meant to be loading. I once worked in a yard where there was a freighthouse that was double-decked, and it's ability to swallow cars was astounding...

The other re-cycled feature will be the engine terminal and enginehouse, which is a modified C.C.Crow kit for an Illinois Central structure.

Sometime in the next fortnight I will be going to our storage unit to collect all this stuff, so stay tuned for photos. I might even scan and post some of the original version of this layout. In the meantime, a teaser.

It is the tender from a Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0, which I'm detailing.

Reply to
Mark Newton