OT: Why reply to curt?

On 2/20/07 8:31 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@aim.com"

I was trying to keep it subtle and clean. Let me make it more pplain, CurtMccheese/Speeddemon: GO FUCK YOURSELF!
--
de N2MPU Jack
Modeling the NYC/NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail/D&H in N

Sock Puppet is a favorite word of Steve Caple. WHOOPS I guess you slipped up Steve!
<snip>

Why? Because, for the most part, the good posters, the ones that used to retro-mod this place, have all gone...gone to e-mail lists, web forums, or the big roundhouse in the sky (RIP Big John & Peter King). Heck, I'm sure some just lost interest altogether. What we have left are the dregs (myself included) of r.m.r. Sheriff Sheridan is building ships, TOM is MIA, Mike Tennent is on the MR Forum, Andy Harmon is on the Atlas Forum and, of course, his Diesel Modelers List along with Jim Six, the real Curt Mc is on Atlas, etc. You hardly see Stan Ames, Dave Hodgedon (sp?) or Jim Sacco posting these days... If you check the archives, even Andy Sperando used to post here. My point is that there used to be a large number of people here who would, by virtue of peer pressure, retro-mod r.m.r into a place where trolls were (mostly) ignored, and those that fed trolls were (mostly) shunned. Anyone who brought politics and religon into r.m.r were roundly criticized, and if you didn't post your name you could get ignored. But those days are long gone. Folks get tired of doing that, so they go to moderated areas where they can talk trains rather than try to keep a place clean and on topic.
I see you are back Steve trying to attack people. The last time her you showed us a picture of a overweight man you found on the internet and showed it to us insulting yourself. Please get the real you down and stop flooding this trainboard with non trains posts.

Yes, it is quite sad. Peteski
If I may add my 2 cents. We had a similar situation on an automotive group. One of the members suggested we make a news years resolution that all of us ignore the troll we had. Don't answer him, don't talk about him don't even respond to others talking about him. Well, as of January the first, it really worked. No one has even recognized his being there, and it's cleaned up the whole group. Try it, you'll like it.
Dave C

I agree we should ignore Steve Caple but he uses fake names to get around that so this board is polluted by his anti god posts.

Having just posted a response about Curt, I'll pledge that it will be my last one.
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 22:21:13 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Oh, if I were a gambling man . . . -- Ray
Steve you are a troll and never post about trains and just hate god and christians you will be back always

"Peter W." skriver:

If you don't feed the troll it will pass away - I agree....
Klaus