OT: Why reply to curt?

I've seen r.m.r. deterioratie rapidly since our buddy started posting here. No Mark (you pompous Aussie twit), I'm not trying to moderate
anything here - just asking logical question. At least I think it is logical.
Majority of people here do ok ignoring curt. But there are several people who can't help themselves from pointing out how stupid he is. Curt happily latches onto those specific individuals and keeps the silly conversations going. Does curt have some sort of magical or hypnotic power over those individuals?
I recall that in the past if someone kept posting annoying stuff, they were quickly plonked. Why is curt just not plonked by all the regulars here?
He thrives on replies to his garbage posts (as any troll does). Is ignoring him really that hard? I thought the regulars who reply to his crap were smarted than getting sucked into this silliness.
Can't you all just say "no" to replying to this troll? I don't get it. It is beginning to look to me like curt is smarter than the people who reply to him as he knows what buttons to push to get those people wound up.

Trolls are often a steam valve for the daily stresses of life.

Pete:
I can readily agree that one should avoid corresponding with curt. IMHO writing ABOUT curt, however, is not equivalent to writing TO curt. It may be perverse, but, I would really like to learn what makes him tick. Your analysis of him is a perfectly valid example of what I hoped would be forthcoming when I started the other OT thread.
Now, to my disagreement with your position. I do not think he will "just go away" by simply plonking him. I believe we will be rid of him only when his identities (like Jepperson) or his activities (like Mason) are exposed. At one point I suggested as much and was told it was unethical to do so. If that is true, sobeit. Unfortunately, a flame war immediately then took place between those who felt it was relatively easy to "out" him and those who strongly disagreed. I lack the computer knowledge to have taken part in that discussion. However, throughout it, I could not help but think that curt must be laughing himself silly over a situation in which people, all of whom detested him, were now fighting among themselves.
Oh, for the record, let me voice one additional opinion. I consider curt to be disruptive and certainly mendacious, but, not stupid. I again agree with you. Buttons to push, chains to pull, egos to bruise, he knows them all. Thank you.
Jerry
Peter W Ski. wrote:

Of course you're not. You just want everybody to do what you want them to do, or you'll wave your little hands and stamp your little feet, and hold your breath until they do.
To discriminate against a stroke victim who has limited mental facilities is not my style. I enjoy watching him try to respond to posts with something other than the standard prayer bullshit. Knocking him around is too much fun to stop doing it. It's rewarding to see his cryptic, poorly written posts, and his use of trainspeeddemon was priceless!
Steve, you are the one who only replys one way with hate and potty talk. I dont enjoy you responding that way and it isnot fun. And you are trainspeeddemon not me so nice try but it did not work. Please get help and find god.
On Feb 9, 10:19 am, STEVE snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote:

On 9 Feb 2007 09:05:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Does a god shit in the woods?
Whadda ya call a polack in a $500 hat? [da Pope]
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:
"Whadda ya call a polack in a $500 hat? [da Pope]"
Steve, Steve, Steve. You're behind the times. The ounchline has beenchanged. Not that I'm invoking Godwin but...What do you call a Nazi in a $500 hat? [da Pope]"
Eric

Thanks for the insight Q Face. I pray to god you get cancer of your eyes.
Blessings, brad
Do you have cancer is that why you wish it on others? Take your lover's spat somewhere else and leave us to talk trains.
P.S. I see you are a right winger Neo Con, I am not surprised. How long have you been posting there?

I just wish cancer on you Curt. Since the stroke did not slow you down enough, I think a good case of cancer might be in order.
You are in my prayers.
Brad
Steve Caple, why do you always wish illness on people? I am not trainspeeddemon that is you as a sockpuppet.
On Feb 10, 10:38?pm, "STEVE snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote:

On 2/11/07 9:26 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@aim.com"

It's bad enough you pollute the model train ng, now this one sockpuppet Curt McCheese aka trainspeedemon.
--
de N2MPU Jack
Modeling the NYC/NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail/D&H in N

On 2/11/07 7:03 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com,

Hey curtmccheese's altered ego on another anonymous email address: Go fulfill a biological impossibility with yourself. Or, if that's too difficult, just stick your head (both of them) in the toilet and flush it!
--
de N2MPU Jack
Modeling the NYC/NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail/D&H in N
"Jack" fake name. I am not Trainspeeddemon.
And please try harder your response is childish and makes no sense "Jack".

"Jack" fake name. I am not Trainspeeddemon.
Of course not. You just happen to share the same IP address, ISP, web browser and usenet service.
Hehe. It is fun watching you walk around the room in various costumes though, keep it up!!
bill
STEVE CAPLE you are a troll doing this yourself
On Feb 23, 1:12 am, "STEVE CAPLE> wrote:

I'm the one who makes you and trainspeeddemon have the exact same internet profile? How did I do that?
Because you are faking him you angry troll. You know how and you tell that here over and over again showing you are doing it STEVE CAPLE